jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Whats your strategy for improving hubs?

1. Cash Krysztof profile image60
    Cash Krysztofposted 2 years ago

When you've written a hub and decided that you want to improve it, either for a higher hubscore or more traffic or both, what's your strategy for doing so? Do you work with what you've got or start completely from scratch? Something in between? Enquiring minds want to know...

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've never rewritten a hub from scratch. Usually I improve on what I've got.
      For me, I improve to get more traffic, so I do a keyword search to make sure the hub is search friendly,  more often than not I tweak the title, add more content (if possible), update photos and videos.

2. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 2 years ago

During my four years at HP I've found that bribes work well.

3. rainsanmartin profile image89
    rainsanmartinposted 2 years ago

I may:
    *Write more compelling subheadings. 
    *Re-write a sentence more succinctly.
    *Add additional photo's, or replace older ones with more captivating images.
    *Bring my word count up to 1200.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

I re-read my hubs, as if reading them for the first time.  I make sure everything is clearly written and incorporates anything new that I have learned since I wrote it.  I try to look at it from the reader's point of view - is it pretty? is it informative? is it user friendly? is it missing anything? is it organized correctly?

If it feels like it needs minor tweaking, I will do that. I often tweak my articles.  However, if it  feels like it needs major re-doing, I may unpublish it.  I imagine someone choosing one of my articles at random and deciding what it says about me and the quality of my work.  I don't want one of my lower quality ones to be the one they choose, so I have to either improve it or get rid of it.

5. lmoyer92 profile image83
    lmoyer92posted 2 years ago

I agree with Millionaire Tips. Although I'm new here on Hubpages, I've written a fair bit in the past, and re-reading my work as if I'm reading it for the first time allows you to find possible improvements you may have missed when you had written it.
    I've never started from scratch though. Even if an article turns out to be a total failure, it likely still has somewhat of an outline of what you'll want your updated article to be.