jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Being Able To See Products Sold in HubPages Amazon Program

1. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 3 years ago

I switched to the HubPages Amazon Program not long ago.  While I like the 8.48% earnings rates, I miss the ability to see what products people ordered through Amazon.  That information was helpful when deciding which topics to write about in the future or how to adjust Amazon capsules.  Why can't HubPages show us the products that we are earning money from via their Amazon program?

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

They save that tidbit of information until it's shipped. big_smile

https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/amazon

1. MoonByTheSea profile image92
      MoonByTheSeaposted 3 years ago

One thing I noticed is that it says "Reflects sales on your share of impressions only." Does this mean impressions of Amazon ads are distributed between us and hubpages just like the Hubpages ad program? If so, what is the benefit of using the Hubpages Amazon program?

2. MoonByTheSea profile image92
      MoonByTheSeaposted 3 years ago

Never mind--found it: "The revenue sharing for the Amazon Program works the same way as with other HEP Programs, by alternating your affiliate ID 60% of the time with HubPages' affiliate ID 40% of the time." Doesn't it make sense to use the Amazon program by oneself, even with the lower commission tier, and receive 100% of the revenue?

1. Rock_nj profile image91
        Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you still have the 60/40 split, even when you use your own Amazon account.  To advertise Amazon products on your Hubs, HP takes its 40% of the sales cut either way.  That's how I understand it.  The benefit is the higher commission.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are correct.

working