jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What the heck is going on in "Unanswered Questions"?

1. merej99 profile image90
    merej99posted 2 years ago

I troll through the Hot Questions, the Best Questions and the Unanswered Questions.
    In my short time here I have really enjoyed getting a glimpse at another hubber.  I've found many people I follow that way.  What I've noticed though is a great deal of SPAMMY questions. 

Are the questions moderated at all? Beyond reporting each one as inappropriate due to...what's the term my kids use... NUKING the forum - what are the options? 

Maybe I'm complaining but it's kind of not fun anymore because of it.  meh  yikes/

Does anyone else feel that way?

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Im pretty laid back about stuff I can't control. Ive found it makes life much less frustrating.

1. merej99 profile image90
        merej99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are so right Beth!  I'm chill.  Really.  LOL

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It used to be much worse. I guess the spammers are back at it.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you see anything that is SPAM or violates the terms of service in the questions, please report it.  Each of these reports is reviewed by a moderator.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image93
        Everyday Miraclesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I personally reported the profile of the spammer yesterday.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The best practice is if the SPAM is in a Hub, comment, or Question, please flag the individual item.  This makes it far easier to determine the specific content to review.

2. MoonByTheSea profile image95
    MoonByTheSeaposted 2 years ago

I agree. The Questions/Answers section is totally useless. I think there are alcolades based on number of questions asked/answered, so maybe they go spam the forum in order to win those alcolades. Just a guess.

3. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 2 years ago

There are indeed a lot of useless questions asked, silly questions and whatnot, but like someone else answered a day or two ago, the question-maker can earn from those questions. But anyway, I do see frequent spams of gibberish questions and more obvious spam questions. Every time I see them, I try to report them and report the user, so I think they are indeed moderated. I know that within the day, most of them have disappeared.

4. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

Questions should not be spammy and should be broad enough to be answered by writing a hub. Every once in a while the rules need review by new hubbers and would be spammers. The questions about hubpages belong in the forums. I guess it's time for review. Most of the questions I see in the feed seem ok lately. I love the questions and hope the spam disappears.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 2 years ago

I flag spammers when I see them. If you ignore them they will take over smile