I can't seem to find the answer to my question and I have already been on the forum and FAQ pages.
Do you have to have a certain amount of hubs before you can sign up for the Earnings Program? I'm new to this and currently have 3 published Hubs. When I attempted to sign up for the Earnings program, I followed each step and apparently Google denied my request. I do not want to continue making Hubs if I am unable to sign up after so many hubs. Any information would be appreciated...thank you!
If you talking about an adsense account that is totally up to google; HP does not control adsense or any other google subsidiary.
However, most people indicate that google will be much more interested in you with about 20 hubs or so, and a month or two of publishing. Although this sounds bad, it really isn't - you are quite unlikely to earn more than a few dollars in the first few months anyway.
Thank you very much for the information. Looks like I better start my research and get to writing! Since I'm newer to this, a lot doesn't make any sense to me right now. I was worried that if I couldn't sign up right away for the Adsense account, I wouldn't get my profit.
Kate, I have over 30 hubs but have only been a member for 16 days. I have tried twice to AdSense and was refused both times. I am thinking that they want you to be a member for awhile. But, honestly there seems to be no rules and I am only guessing as is everyone else. I know that I have over 30 hubs that have ad's all over them and HP is making money from them. I understand that on a certain level. But I am disappointed.
Wow, I can see why. That isn't any good... I would be disappointed as well. If I publish a handful of Hubs and if I am still denied then I guess I will have to terminate my account. There is no use in trying so hard only to be denied.
It's important to keep a sense of proportion. HubPages is not a get-rich-quick solution.
As Wilderness rightly said, even if your Adsense account was approved, it's likely you'd earn about $5 in your first three months. It takes time for your Hubs to get ranked well enough in Google to earn anything. That's true of most writing online - what you write today may not earn you much till this time next year.
You can estimate how much money HubPages is making from your Hubs quite easily. If you already had your HP Earnings Account, you'd be averaging between $2 and $5 per 1,000 views, which is 60% of the ad revenue on your Hubs (HubPages gets the other 40%). Right now, HP is getting 100%. So look at your views and work out the calculation - are you missing out on much, really?
by Shadaan Alam4 months ago
Well, no doubt google adsense is one of the best in terms of earning revenue from hubpages. However, i have only been earning cents at adsense!! That's so bad. I desperately need help from fellow hubbers, what should i...
by StellaSee2 months ago
Currently I'm signed up with Google Adsense and I've been debating whether I should sign up for the Hubpages Earning Program because I'm hesitant to give out my tax information. Or should I worry about this only after I...
by geekMachine22 months ago
Just after being moved from Squidoo, I tried to apply for an AdSense account, which failed for this reason:"Insufficient content: To be approved for AdSense and show relevant ads on your site, your pages need to...
by Paul Edmondson4 years ago
As you may have read in my previous forum post on the topic, eBay is going to be available to many of you shortly. We have always cared deeply about helping Hubbers to earn, and are looking forward to seeing how...
by Paul Edmondson5 years ago
We have always cared deeply about providing the most rewarding place for people to publish online and we continue to work on improving overall monetization for your Hubs. One of the benefits that the HubPages...
by Jennifer Suchey2 years ago
Okay, so in my on going quest to be approved for AdSense, I finally discovered that when I signed up for Google . . . whenever that was and for whatever reason I can't even imagine . . . I entered the wrong birthdate....
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.