jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Hi, Newbie needs help with hubs, please :-)

1. mochirajackson profile image61
    mochirajacksonposted 3 years ago

Hi all,

I have just started here and I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. I am just a little confused about what should be in each hub.

Is it best to do hubs on one subject e.g.' anti-aging' that contain lots of articles or is better to do smaller hubs that answer one question, such as 'how do prevent crow's feet'. Is it sufficient for a hub to have just one long article that answers a specific question?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mochira x

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Mochira!  Welcome to HubPages.  I would suggest Hub topics that are a bit more specific, e.g., How to Prevent Crow's Feet.  Your Hub The Fountain of Youth is going to have a harder time receiving search traffic for its title because the title is broad and there is fairly good competition on Google (although it's possible with a fantastic Hub).  I recommend Googling your title and seeing what comes up, and if your Hub is better than what's out there, go for it.  (As a side note, I would update your title so that there are spaces between your words) smile  In most cases, the Hubs that do the best are written by Hubbers that are passionate about their topic; this has been the case for me.   I recommend writing about what you love and know.

If you haven't yet, our Learning Center has a lot of great resources.  I would check out the section on How to Create Successful Online Content.  Best of luck.  You are off to a fantastic start!

1. mochirajackson profile image61
        mochirajacksonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Robin,

Thank you so much for your help. I figured I would be better doing what  you've advised but I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

Enjoy your weekend,

Mochira x

1. Robin profile image
          Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You will find that we have a very helpful community; it's one of the best parts of HubPages.  Don't ever be afraid to ask questions.  We were all newbies once and the community has great insights into what makes for a successful go at writing online.  You have a fantastic weekend, too! smile

working