jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Does anybody know how news360 works?

1. Mark Lees profile image86
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

I have just wrote a hub about writing techniques and while it has not managed to engage comments (which I am a little sad about) it does have more views in 24 hours than any of my other hubs have ever recieved. I know it has had a few shares on Facebook which have contributed to this but when I looked at the stats I saw a handful had come from a site called news360.

I popped over there and it is full of articles from hindreds of sites - but it doesn't tell me how I got there and I can't actually find my article on the site.

Does anybody know how this site works? It may be a useful place for getting my hubs a wider audience (and other hubbers too).

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Looks like a website one wants to be liked by. smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News360

Now as long as Russia doesn't go starting World War III and there's an embargo...

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting.  My latest hub had quite a few from there and I've seen a smattering here and there on other hubs.  I was wondering about it  too smile

2. Mark Lees profile image86
      Mark Leesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link paradigmsearch (just saw your comment, didn't get a notification for some reason).

Does look like a good site to get noticed by and hopefully a few more of my hubs can go that way.

3. cam8510 profile image93
    cam8510posted 3 years ago

My article on the future of retirement in America was posted there in a prominent place.   Don't know how or by whom.

It would be nice to know the how especially.

4. I Am Rosa profile image89
    I Am Rosaposted 3 years ago

It might be Helium.com.  They recently restructure and created 26 theme-based platforms that all end with "360" (as in a full 360 perspective).  Apparently, they often scout out the other writing sites.  If they do approach you, know that Helium does not allow their writers to delete articles.  Once your submit to them, they keep your work >> forever << and continues to make a profit off of it even if you're no longer a member of their site.

They have not had my permission to print it and I am not a member, although I have recieved some referrals from them. It looks like they link back to source so I don't mind it appearing there, I just want to know how it appeared there as it may be a way of getting more views across all my hubs.

1. cam8510 profile image93
        cam8510posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Same here.  No one contacted me.  But since it is a link,  permission would not be necessary.   I'm happy for my article to be there if they send traffic my way.  Natural backlinks don't always come that easily.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's not Helium.  They might approach writers to ask them to write for them, but they wouldn't just take existing articles and use them on the site.  News 360 is an app.

5. cecileportilla profile image92
    cecileportillaposted 3 years ago

I found one of my articles there and researched them. Wikipedia will also give you a good explanation of what News360 does. They seem legit!

working