jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Still having image display issues

1. Jonathan Wylie profile image95
    Jonathan Wylieposted 2 years ago

I am still having issues with images on Hubpages displaying properly. It is on and off but today the whole front page was scrambled and no profile images were loading. On some of my hubs I would have one or more picture with a broken link. I would refresh and they fixed themselves, but then another image that was working, now wasn't.

Like I said, it comes and goes, and there has been issues in the past, so are they returning, or could it be a problem with browser extensions, or something else that does not play nicely? Just wondering if it is only me or not. I used Firefox and Chrome with similar results today. Hopefully, this is less of an issue from a reader/viewer's perspective.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry you are having trouble viewing the site.

We are unaware of any current issue with the site that would be causing the problems you are having and we have had no other reports of this issue.

It sounds like it could be a browser, ISP, or system resource issue (RAM, CPU).
      You can find browser trouble shooting steps here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

I would suggest trying Firefox first.

Jonathan Wylieposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Friefox is giving me the most problems right now. It is up to date, and I cleared the cache, but it looks like this...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8785632_f248.jpg

Even in Chrome, I went to the link you provided and it looks like this...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8785635_f248.jpg

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This points to there being an issue with your browser, computer, and/or ISP as we have had no other reports from any other users at this time.
          How much free RAM does you system have?
          Is HubPages the only site you have open or do you have other sites and tabs opened? 
          What percentage of your CPU is being utilized?
          I would suggest contacting your ISP's support team to see if they can help you determine the issue.

Jonathan Wylieposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah it could well be a network issue. I will try it elsewhere today and see what happens. Hopefully that fixes it.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image91
      Don Bobbittposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This happened to me recently and it drove me craxy for a couple of weeks.
      I use Google Chrome and it turned out that I had 2 problems. First, I had an Add-on that was causing this some of my image problems.
      But, I got more curious and ran Microsofts free malware detector and it showed 8 files that I had to block out.
      Once i did this, being old-school, I unplugged my battery for a minute or so and then I rebooted and all has been OK since.
      Good Luck,
      DON

working