jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Trouble with Amazon ad capsules? Disable plugins & ad blockers

1. StephRS profile image87
    StephRSposted 3 years ago

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I've been on Hubpages for over a year, and have only published a couple of hubs. When I first signed up I published hubs with Amazon ads on them - and it worked just fine (no problems at all).

Now, when I try to add an Amazon capsule, nothing shows up - whether I add the item by AISN or by keyword. No results are returned and the capsule remains blank when my hub is in draft mode.

When I have published my hub - the Amazon capsule is nowhere to be seen. I have also noticed that the Amazon capsules on my old hubs (the two I wrote over a year ago) have also disappeared.

Is there a reason for this?

If anyone can shed any light on this I'd really appreciate it

thanks
    Steph

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Many times this is caused by ad blocking software.
      Please remove any ad blocking software as well as disable any browser extensions or plugins. If you are still having issues, try another browser like Firefox.

Here are some other browser tips as well.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

2. StephRS profile image87
    StephRSposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice Matthew - I seem to have fixed the problem and can now see Amazon capsules.

However, I have also noticed that there are no Google ads on any of the Hubs that I view.

Do you have any idea why this might be? As far as I'm aware I've disabled ad blockers for hubpages

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We are unaware of any site issue that would result in ads not being displayed on multiple Hubs.
      It sounds like you may have ad blocking software that is not allowing these ads to load.
      I would suggest disabling any browser extensions, plugins, or ad blocking software.
      Clear your browser cache and make sure your browser is the latest stable version available.
      You can also try a different browser, like Firefox.

Here are some general browser tips as well.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, then please let us know some example Hub URL and titles and we can look into it further.

working