jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hubs can be translated into foreign languages & published elsewhere

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 3 years ago

It has been suggested that I post this question here for this topic that I already have posted at  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120549#post2554669

What I want to know is can the text of published hubs be translated into other languages and then published on other websites or would this be viewed as duplicate content?

I have someone offering to do this for a hub of mine that could be translated into Polish and published elsewhere with a link back to HubPages where the original English version is. This would obviously help get traffic to it but would it be regarded by Hubpages as duplicate content?

Nobody seems to know for sure!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I checked with our leadership team and confirmed that since it is your content, you can translate it to another language and publish it elsewhere while it is published on HubPages.
      Duplication becomes an issue when the content is published on HubPages and elsewhere both in English.

2. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 3 years ago

Thank you for explaining, Matthew!

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And there you go, Bard. This is a good thing you are doing so people can read it in Polish. Best wishes.

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
        Bard of Elyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, this is great news and now anyone that has been following my thread will know the answer for future reference.

working