jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Switching to the HP Amazon Program

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago

A while back, someone asked if we would receive the remaining earnings from our individual Amazon Affiliate programs when we switched to the new, HP integrated program. I don't know if this was ever answered, but I was checking my bank account that I use for HP, and noticed that I received a payment from Amazon for the remaining balance.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yup, I did too. It wasn't much but it was a nice surprise.

2. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have three questions:
      Do you use your Amazon affiliate on any other websites?
      Was the amount you received less than the designated payout (either the minimum you set or the one Amazon sets)?
      Was the payment for December, or did it include January and February, too?

Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't use Amazon on any other sites, only Hubpages. 

The payout was less than the minimum payout I have set up.

It was for December only.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm really worried about this!

It suggests that Amazon is being notified that we've switched to using another account  - and I wouldn't want that, because I use my Amazon account on other sites, too.

I am not sure about this. I know that Google differentiates between the different sites we use, but not sure if Amazon does. If you have several sites where you use Amazon, maybe contact them and see if they understand that you use Amazon on other sites besides HP.

Amazon doesn't know and doesn't care what sites you use their code on.   You can set up codes so you can track different sites, but Amazon doesn't monitor that.

That's why your post worried me, because there is no way Amazon could wind up the HubPages side of my account and leave the rest - it's all one account.  So either they've closed my whole Amazon account, or there's some other explanation.

I'm going for the "other explanation", perhaps a payout for the end of the financial year.  HubPages told us our personal accounts wouldn't be affected by the change.

2. Writer Fox profile image80
          Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Then, does your personal Amazon account still show that it is holding a balance for you for January and February?

It does show a balance for January. February doesn't show. I did double check, and apparently I thought I had set the payout amount at $50, but it seems that I didn't, and that is why I got a payment. Sorry. I swear I had set it at $50, but either I forgot, or I forgot to save the change.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

Interesting. I use my Amazon affiliate ID on multiple sites, so I don't think I'd want a random mid-month payout.

3. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 2 years ago

Could someone explain?  I'm missing/not getting the problem.  On my first reading of this thread, it just sounds like Amazon is paying the December balance whether below threshold or not because it's the end of their fiscal year.

That sounds like a good explanation.   They probably don't do it for international members because of the cost of the cheque, so I haven't experienced it.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Indeed.  It probably does not relate to Hubpages (I would be alarmed if it did for privacy reasons). Amazon has occasional paid under the minimum before.  Probably for some tax or accounting reason.

working