eBay earnings vs Amazon earnings

1. wiserworld profile image84
    wiserworldposted 2 years ago

Since I started using HubPages, I have never received any earnings on my Amazon ads. My eBay ads have brought in some money but still very minimal. What experiences have other HubPage users had using both ad programs in comparison?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The first step is to go and look at your Earnings Settings, to make sure it's all up and running properly.

However, I took a look at your Hubs.  I'd say you're not making money with eBay and Amazon because you're not using the capsules correctly.    eBay and Amazon work ONLY if you can offer a product that is helpful in the context of your Hub.  Then you have to convince the reader that product is the right one to choose.

So for instance, your Hub about red eyes.  I'm sure the reader knows about eye drops but that isn't solving their problem.  So offering them some anonymous eye drops right at the top of the Hub is useless. 

Your capsule should be right-floated next to the capsule that says, "... applying eye drops to keep your eyes moist. Never use expired eye drops or it could make your condition worse."  I would add something about using the right eye drops - ones designed to treat "dry eye" - like Systane, not just ones for irritated eyes.  And use Amazon, not eBay (as a general rule, if you can find a product on Amazon, use Amazon - if not, try eBay).  You could also offer some anti-glare screens in the section where you mention computer monitors - but do explain why they help.

Likewise, there's no point offering a phone in the Hub on removing phone screen scratches.  If they have a scratched screen, they've obviously got a phone already!   Offer them the products you're recommending to fix it - again, not at the top or bottom of the Hub, but right next to the section where you recommend them.

You have a Hub on Sonpre speakers and you've got only ONE ad for them in the whole Hub!   Worse, you tell the reader to go and buy them locally, and to use Amazon and eBay as a last resort.   Are you mad?  You should definitely have an Amazon ad for this product - I would put it fairly high, perhaps in the first paragraph, with the eBay ad later on. 

Finally, potato chips - how about some fryers for people who are nervous about open pan frying?

1. Writer Fox profile image81
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Are you mad?