jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

I'm liking the new Amazon program!

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

As many of you already know, we can now join the Amazon program via Hubpages to be eligible for the highest payment tier.  I just had my first sale, a $99 item which earned me $7.43!

2. William15 profile image84
    William15posted 3 years ago

Good for you! I'm excited for it too!

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago

Trust me on this:  If you've got a strong niche to do product reviews about, you can do best with ebay.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

.....provided you make sure you pick products which are predominantly sold as "buy it now".

2. SpaceShanty profile image92
      SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I do OK with eBay but most people don't seem to earn squat.

4. markmorgangenius profile image88
    markmorgangeniusposted 3 years ago

Is hubpages also splitting revenue half half with the hub authors?

Actually I'm not 100% sure but I think we get all of it.  I think only the revenue from ads is split.

All HP Ad programs have the same 60/40 split.

Really?  I thought the top Amazon tier was about 8%, it looks like I have earned about that?

The 60/40 split isn't per sale.   If a sale is made while your Amazon ID is in the capsule, you get 100% of that sale.  If a sale is made while HubPages' Amazon ID is in the capsule, you get 0%. 

Which is the same as it was for the old Amazon program.

Ah, ok, I was foolish to doubt your wisdom smile

5. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

Ebay doesn't pay anymore unless it's a buy it now auction or one ending right away. My sales have nose-dived. :-( And I'm not sure if I can benefit from Amazon due to my state laws. Double sad face. :-( :-(

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

"I'm liking the new Amazon program!"

Bah, humbug! But I haven't given up yet...  big_smile

7. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

Don't give up, paradigmsearch!! :-)

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's ok. None of my hubs are of the product oriented type, so I really shouldn't have had any expectations to begin with. Any sales that do happen to come my way are really just a bonus.

Really?  Are you sure?  The St. John's Wort Hub could easily have one, and the bumper sticker one could have loads!

8. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 3 years ago

So a couple of weeks in, I haven't noticed a different number of net sales, but I have appreciated the days of earning at a higher tier.  Reporting's been pretty good, too, even given the early-in-the-month bottlenecking.   I only have minor nitpicks so far, like wishing there weren't so many clicks involved in seeing all the data in the reports.

I do wish HubPages would come out and say whether the HubPages Amazon program is inclusive of people in U.S. states that the Amazon Associates program disallows.  Seems it would be pretty easy for them to say either "No, we can't accept those accounts," or "Amazon's rules about individual Associates don't apply to y'all, because you're not joining the HubPages Program as Amazon Associates, you're part of HubPages' account."  Hopefully as the program evolves, they'll offer more clarity about who is and who isn't eligible to participate in their program.

They're being deliberately vague and putting the onus on Hubbers to choose, because they don't want to face legal action if Amazon disagrees with their decision.

I remember Viglink making a big fanfare about how anyone could use Amazon links through their service, then being stomped on by Amazon for doing so.  I'm not sure what Viglink does now, but they have removed all reference to that on their documentation, and I think they're now deliberately vague also.

9. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 3 years ago

Ah.  OK.  I'd naively assumed working out details like this with Amazon was what took so long in developing the program.  So...hmm.  [looks around wildly for a distraction in an effort to be convincingly vague]  How 'bout that weather?  Crazy, huh?

working