Am I hurting myself in the long run by writing too much?

1. QuoteAmber profile image92
    QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago

If it isn't something I already know really well, then I always do research before writing on a topic. So I've always got a lot to say and I am naturally just a very wordy writer. I average about 2700 words per hub which is a lot more than what hubpages recommends and that's after I edit things down and try to shorten the hub. What I am asking is whether or not I am hurting  myself (in regards to views, hubscores and feedback) by writing too much. ?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

What matters IMHO is that the hub has a coherent subject that is not too large or small. I think a few thousand is within the normal range.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I tend to write long hubs also and it's fine, so long as you break up the text into shorter paragraphs, use good sections with subheading and ensure that your text is easy on the eyes.  Anytime you have longer texts you definitely want to consider how it appears visually.  Use lists, tables etc when you can to also make it more digestible.  Most of my hubs are in similar range to yours, some are way higher.