jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Scores Fluctuating.

1. Fryday profile image82
    Frydayposted 2 years ago

It seems that now I have been more active on the site, HubPages has lowered my scores on some hubs, but also increased my score on others.  Anyone know why that is?  Thank you, everyone!  :-)

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your activity has nothing to do with your hubscores, it has more to do with your profile score.

Your hubscores are a reflection of traffic, comments, traffic sources and most of all the scores assigned through the QAP.  All hubscores fluctuate at times, it's normal, but you can tweak you hubs to increase their scores by updating information, photos, title and so on.

Frydayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I meant I was writing more articles.  Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I understand my profile score and my hub scores are two different things.

2. rainsanmartin profile image89
    rainsanmartinposted 2 years ago

Individual Hub Scores are a result of the quality assessment or traffic of that Hub, when traffic drops, your Hub Score for that particular Hub will drop accordingly. Your profile rating (the score next to your name) will rise however, when you are more active in the HubPages community.

One article I wrote 9 months actually had quite a dramatic increase in traffic all of the sudden.  Then out of nowhere, HubPages disabled all Ads on my article, (which I understand because of the content), but then they also dropped my score by two points. Then increased one article by one point that actually has the lowest traffic out of all my articles and always said it had decreasing traffic.  But as I said, my traffic was increasing dramatically on this particular article, and they lowered my score:

Okay, I actually just looked at the hub score for that article.  The views have increased EVEN more at a faster rate, but they dropped my score by TWO more points!

3. Artimes Blaine profile image60
    Artimes Blaineposted 2 years ago

I must say that I am glad to learn about the fluctuating score on the profile. I had been trying to figure out why it was doing that so much. I stay pretty active hub wise, but I am still learning about the Q&A and forums. As to the hub scores, I gave trying to figure out why they go up and down. As long as they stay above 70, I am peachy.