jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Date on Copyright

1. Colleen Swan profile image93
    Colleen Swanposted 3 years ago

Hi, I just started a new hub and noticed that the copyright symbol shows the date 1969.
    Is this something I have done or does the date correct itself when the hub is published.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Colleen

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
      Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This has recently been mentioned here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120600#post2556573 Just scroll up a little to see the first mention of the issue.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Where did you get the copyright symbol from, Colleen? By the way, welcome to HP. :-)

1. I Am Rosa profile image89
      I Am Rosaposted 3 years ago

@ Jayne - This is an "Oops" that HP is working on right now.  Some of us start hubs just to write down our ideas and paste in research so that we can come back to it later .... sometimes, that's years later.  Some Hubbers were noticing that the auto copyright is for the date we started the hub and not the date we publish it. In a different forum thread (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120600), they asked HP to change that and HP tried to do that and everyone's seems to read 1969.  Sooooo, yeah. Even though it's marked "FIXED", it isn't ....  HP should have that resolved soon :-)

@ The Examiner-1 - When you're editing your hubs, go to the right-handed editing tool bars.  Under "Display Options" you'll see "Copyright" with a drop-down menu.

I just thought I'd direct Colleen to that thread so she knows she's not alone.

I Am Rosaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry Jayne!!!  My browser is glitching like crazy, so I didn't realize you'd sent her to the same thread and that I'd missed putting her name in there too!

Absolutely no problem. Just wanted to let you know what my motive was.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Rosa,
        I know that. Even when I click on "no notice" the 1969 shows up, so I just open another text capsule and write a copyright notice with the my name and the current year.

I Am Rosaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Okay!  You want the actual symbol, then, not the location of HB notice option!  Got it! LOL  That is available in the text editing tool bar.  The horseshoe shaped icon is for special characters and the copyright symbol is in the top row.

That 1969 is crazy!  I might have to go back to inserting my own notice for the hubs with that date, too!

2. oceansnsunsets profile image90
      oceansnsunsetsposted 3 years ago

Hi Colleen, this happened to me yesterday and I tried back later on to see if when I tried to add the copyright notice, the "1969" disappeared.  It had.  As for correcting itself when you go to publish it, I don't know.

3. Colleen Swan profile image93
      Colleen Swanposted 3 years ago

Thank you for your replies, Glad to know I was not alone.

Kind regards

Colleen

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
        Shyron E Shenkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have not noticed the date stamp on my (c) on my article, I do put the date and copywrite in my poems.
        All you wonderful authors know so much more than I do.  Thank you for asking questions I need to.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Matthew has responded on the other post. 1969 is the default date for unpublished hubs. It stays that date until it is published.

working