jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Followers on HP

1. Haiden William profile image90
    Haiden Williamposted 2 years ago via iphone

Im curious as to how long i took hubbers with high amounts of follers to grow their fanbase. How long did it take you to break 50 followers?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Followers don't make you money; they're just a pretty number on your profile and occasionally good for a few comments.

Maybe you should be asking how long it took hubbers to break 500 visits per day.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As WryLilt says, followers do not make you money.    Followers are fellow writers who like your work.  They are all members of HubPages and the main reason they're here is the same as you - to write, not to read.

It's not possible to build a fanbase here as you would on a blog.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image88
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

I concur with WryLilt, your new and if your hubs/content is good, the followers will come. I would be more concerned of getting traffic rather than followers

3. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

That would be difficult to answer since we don't pay that close attention over time. Your followers will build in time as you read and comment on others' hubs, participate in the forums and Q&A, and post new hubs.
    When people get to know you, they will decide to follow and vice versa. It is nice to have followers build because they will also share you hubs with their followers which multiplies your views, comments, and potential sharing on social media. But don't worry about pushing it by following a bunch of people too soon. Let it happen naturally while you participate and enjoy the community as you write. This is not Facebook, no need to "friend" everybody to grow that follow number. Have fun and good luck. smile

4. Haiden William profile image90
    Haiden Williamposted 2 years ago

thanks for the feedback guys, that's what I love about hubpages, the support you guys offer. I will continue to publish hubs and allow my followers to accumulate naturally big_smile