Woohoo! Sold a $2,599 item on Amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 10 years ago

That's one of my highest value sales ever.

Lovely jubbly smile

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

OMG! I think my highest has been about $300. You're my new hero!

Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sweet big_smile

2. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

OMG!, My biggest sale to date have been with eBay with a commission of $67. My Amazon sales commissions are similar to my HP daily earnings...lol

$67 is great! I've never bothered much with ebay, never liked the opaque commission system. I think the best I've done with them is a couple of dollars.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The commission system isn't opaque any more - it's a straight percentage of the sale again.   It's still worse than Amazon because the rules for auction sales are stupid, so I've earned almost nothing on the HP eBay program - but I have my websites set to show "Buy It Now" items only, and am getting reasonable commissions.  My best since the change to the new system is $246.

1. SpaceShanty profile image94
            SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can show only 'Buy It Now' ebay items on your Hubs too.

Yes, but it takes a lot more work - and it also depends on whether the product you want is commonly sold that way.   All the software available for websites, and eBay's own ads, allow you to tick a box to "show Buy It Now items only", and you're done.

1. Cardisa profile image87

I do get more sales from Amazon but just a few dollars...lol. I prefer Amazon because most of the items I promote I can find there smile

I can see that many of your Hubs aren't suited to Amazon so that's one reason you don't make much.  The other thing is - when trying to identify Amazon products, don't think about the title of the Hub.  Think smaller - think about what people might need during the Hub.  So for instance, you have a Hub about how to do your own skin analysis - can't think of a relevant Amazon product.  Hey, but you say they need a big mirror, a magnifying glass and a camera - where are the ads for those?  I wouldn't do image and capsule for those - I would just do an ad for each to replace the existing photo.

It is a great idea to use Amazon pictures as well as capsules, but only if you've got enough text to fit them.  If you're using lots of photos and capsules and don't have enough text, then you wind up with a Hub layout that doesn't flow well, and looks amateurish. Your rasta and t-shirt Hubs are good examples.   You make it worse by putting customer reviews in capsules (which makes them too big) and product descriptions in highlighted text boxes.   

Don't be afraid to refer to the product in the text, and include customer reviews there too (e.g. general product description then, "This version from Amazon is a ..... with ..... and has received several 5-star ratings.  One customer even said, "...).  That will allow you to beef up your text to fit better around the pictures. 

You should also link the large images to Amazon using an Amazon affiliate text link (just paste it in "Source" and put "Amazon" as the Name).  As it's your own ID, you may be limited to two such links per Hub - which may be a good reason for limiting the number of big photos that you use! 

I suspect those two Hubs were written some time ago and you've moved on since then, but they could really do with a revisit.

1. Cardisa profile image87

Thanks Marisa!

The Rasta hair and t-shirt hubs were a test after reading a post by WryLilt, but I totally messed that up...lol. The analysis hub was written a while back and I could never think of what to put in there...thanks for the tips....much appreciated smile

2. SpaceShanty profile image94
                SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just find the 'Buy It Now' item, enter the seller's ID and item title, job done!

2. Susana S profile image91

That must have been some expensive dance wear!

I doubt very much I'll ever go over to ebay on Hubpages whatever their commission structure, and off site I prefer higher paying affiliate programs, so I guess I'm not destined to ever make much with ebay.

I can live with that.

It was - someone bought a whole outfit. I can't remember the details but when you consider flamenco shoes cost about $250, dresses cost $400 and up, and a genuine Spanish embroidered shawl costs at least $150, you can see where it came from.

3. Huntgoddess profile image67
      Huntgoddessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Holy moley!! What was the item?

Amazing.

4. Easy Exercise profile image84
      Easy Exerciseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Wow! Amazing! Job well done!

5. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, Susana. Congrats! big_smile

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad to hear about this.  After more than two years I finally sold a few items on Amazon.  I couldn't believe it!  Nothing, of course like what most here are talking about, but it gives me hope.  I've never paid much attention to selling on HP, but I'm getting it now.   So, I'm slowly going back into my hubs and adding ads where appropriate.  I've only made about $7 so far, but that's a lot more than I had before lol!

2. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 10 years ago

AMAZING!!!  Well done!

3. Aneegma profile image69
    Aneegmaposted 10 years ago

That's terrific, congratulations! So jealous LOL!

4. dilipchandra12 profile image65
    dilipchandra12posted 10 years ago

Wow that is cool... my highest sale commission was 64$ and that was from eBay smile

Well done! What's the secret to getting commissions like that from ebay?

1. dilipchandra12 profile image65
        dilipchandra12posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That was a review hub... Now i removed that as the same has become old. Getting more traffic to the hub is the only secret to increase the sales. I am planning to begin new set of hubs' publishing soon only to increase my eBay and Amazon sales.... Congrats to you and i am really inspired by your achievement.

Has to be the right kind of traffic though eh?

Good luck with your new hubs!

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Seriously!! OMG, that's fantastic. Congrats!

1. ologsinquito profile image84
      ologsinquitoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Congratulations.

6. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 10 years ago

Wow! Congrats smile My biggest was a LCD TV for around 930 bucks. What was it lol

It was a projector for a home theatre smile

TV's are great! I used to sell quite a lot of them "back in the day" - at least a couple a month. My highest commission ever was for a TV - it cost about $3,500. The only thing is, as with pretty much all tech products, they go out of date VERY quickly and so do the pages advertising them.

7. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

I think my highest item was about what you are going to get as a commission on this one!  I need to be selling bigger ticket items obviously!

8. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 10 years ago

I did that, just once, and it's a great feeling isn't it?  The system actually does work, and once in a while the fairy godmother visits, and waves her wand over a hub.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just checked her profile. Personally, I'm making plans for abducting her.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's OK, but only if the wand gets dropped where I can find it.

LOL! You can abduct me as long as I can bring my laptop and my 3 girls!

Yes it sure is smile For me, that one commission pays for my time writing the page (not that I know exactly which page it was of course, but I have a fair idea).

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's the way I felt, too - even at only 4%, that one commission paid for the time writing the hub and then some.  And I knew which hub, too - the one with a direct link to that product and the only one selling anything like it to boot.

9. shuck72 profile image76
    shuck72posted 10 years ago

Good for you! Congrats! That's inspiring for the rest of us hubbers.

10. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 10 years ago

Well done to you! My biggest so far is a Kevyn Aucoin make-up brush set for about $300.00.

11. soulfully profile image60
    soulfullyposted 10 years ago

Awesome sale right there, Susan S. I bet that put some extra fuel in your writing tank! wink

12. WriterJanis profile image91
    WriterJanisposted 10 years ago

That is amazing. Congrats!

13. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

I once sold a couple of items that added up to that sort of money.

One sale must have been a mistake, though, and was cancelled the next day.

It still meant around $90 for me which was rather nice.

It's a bugger when big sales get cancelled, but $90 isn't at all bad for a few hours work smile

14. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Susanna!  Back in the day I used to get lots of jewelry Amazon sales and once someone bought a $2500  diamond engagement ring.  On my birthday as well!

15. kimsrob profile image60
    kimsrobposted 10 years ago

Congrats!Am slightly envious.But in a good way though!

16. Health Reports profile image83
    Health Reportsposted 10 years ago

That's awesome and inspiring!

17. lisavanvorst profile image62
    lisavanvorstposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! Wow that is great. I have yet to earn any money on ebay or amazon. I guess it's the products I am advertising. Sometimes it is difficult to find a product relevant to your hub.

18. luvtoowrite profile image41
    luvtoowriteposted 10 years ago

Well congratulations to you! Please tell us your secret?

The secret is to write about things people want to buy, in a way that appeals to them and makes them want to get their wallet out smile

19. Seckin Esen profile image79
    Seckin Esenposted 10 years ago

Cogratulations! smile

20. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! 

The largest ticket item I sold on Amazon was from a review of safes... I sold a rather expensive safe. smile

The second was from another review, a cat condo...

There have been many others, but those two were impressive to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)