jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Needing help with Amazon code- please help

1. weezyschannel profile image85
    weezyschannelposted 2 years ago

I signed up for Amazon affiliate because I have a main website. I also added HubPages and they gave me a code. When I signed up for HubPages affiliate with Amazon (through hubpages),there is a different HubPages – 20 code in there that is not in the Amazon affiliate website. When I contacted Amazon affiliates online chat, they said there is no such code and I would not get any earnings (the one that HubPages has) -The only way for me to get paid is to add the code to links that Amazon affiliate gave me when I signed up with them; which would be considered an external affiliate code and that does not make as much money as using Amazon affiliate code that was generated when I signed up through Amazon affiliates. I really hope I explain this right it's confusing to me as well

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

The HP code pays you through the HP ad program. The amazon code pays you through the direct amazon affiliate program. They are mutually exclusive, so to speak. An either/or situation, if you will.

3. weezyschannel profile image85

Why doesnt the HubPages code show up in the Amazon affiliate report? She said that the code does not exist and I am not earning anything for hubpages because of it.  So, what I would like to know is how to add the HubPages code that they generated into the Amazon affiliates website. The only other option I have, as stated; is to use the external ID code from Amazon affiliates which does not generate as much earnings supposedly as HubPages affiliate with Amazon. Their advice was to contact HubPages and ask them how to do it but I cannot find any information and every time I email HubPages support they never respond.  I have tried to contact  support five times and never responded to

4. paradigmsearch profile image90

You don't add the HP code to the amazon affiliate site. Mess with https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/ until it says Amazon program active. Then all will be well. smile

5. weezyschannel profile image85

So what about the association I have with the Amazon links with the code that was generated from Amazon then? Should I just delete those links without my code in there then?  Sorry for all the questions it's just that I have two hubpages codes and they said one is not even active which is the one that was generated with HubPages. But it is active with HubPages I just now added in the external  code when she told me that The code from HubPages  was not activated with HubPages when she pulled up the code. I'm confused trying to explain it I hope you can understand. Thank you for trying to help me

6. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

There are two ways to use Amazon on HubPages.  One is that you use your own code and get paid directly from Amazon.  The other is that you use HubPages code, and get paid through HubPages. 

All of this is handled through the settings. You don't have to change the codes in the capsules of your hubs.

Here is more info:
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2014/02/introd … n-program/

7. paradigmsearch profile image90

The code that Amazon gave you will still happily work on every website on the planet you install it. Your dealings will strictly be with Amazon with those.

The code that HP gave you will only work on the HP site. Your dealings will strictly be with HP with that, Amazon isn't in that part of the loop and doesn't want to be.

Activating and deactivating the HP program will automatically insert the appropriate code in the Amazon capsules. As for anchor text, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Mine automatically updated, but I've seen posts saying otherwise.

In fact, when it comes to the in-line text thing; I'd rather someone with more expertise than I address it.

8. weezyschannel profile image85

Thanks for all your replies.  I guess I'm not sure whether to activate hubpages or not because amazon said there is no possibility of any earnings from it through hubpagea because there is no such code that exists with them ( through hubpages and amazon indirectly )

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Paradigmsearch is right.  Ignore whoever you're speaking to at Amazon.  All the advice you'll get from Amazon (and eBay), either on their forums, in their Help sections, or from Support, relates to using your individual Amazon or eBay code on your own websites or blogs. Revenue-sharing sites like HubPages often have differences, due to their need to share revenue.  I'm sure you know that already, when you think about it - you would've struggled if you had tried to follow Adsense or Amazon instructions on how to insert ads here!   So it shouldn't be a surprise to you that things work differently in other aspects, too.

HubPages's new Amazon program is an internally managed program.  They have a deal with Amazon which allows us to piggy-back on their account.  The advantage is that by all being under HubPages membership, we sell more volume and earn higher commissions.  We each have a unique code so HubPages can track our commissions.  The only reporting you'll see is on HubPages.

If you're not comfortable with that and want to stick with your own individual account, you're welcome to stick with your individual account.