jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

When do featured hubs become unfeatured?

1. chinmayXdas profile image87
    chinmayXdasposted 3 years ago

Could the experienced people of the HP community share their experience on featured hubs becoming unfeatured. For how many days do the hubs showed zero traffic before getting removed from the feature list?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HubPages does not disclose the exact number of visits because that might lead Hubbers to generate artificial traffic to get over the threshold.  The number is low.

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Marisa, I think he meant for hubbers to tell him how long their hubs go without traffic before it becomes unfeatured.

@chinmayXdas, I don't have any unfeatured hubs so I can't really say I think the hubs are staying featured much longer without traffic than they were a year or so ago. Some hubs take a while to get organic traffic so HP is giving those hubs time to age. There was a forum discussion about this but I don't have time to search for it now.

As for quality, that's a different matter.

2. dwelburn profile image96
    dwelburnposted 3 years ago

I think it has changed because a few months ago I had 3 hubs unfeatured due to lack of engagement. But then they became featured again and I had done nothing to them. I have a few hubs that get under 10 views per month but they are still featured.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HubPages did say they were "tweaking" the traffic threshold so I'd say that's why.

2. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

On October 14, 2013, HP announced that it would feature more Hubs from Hubbers with higher Hubber Scores.  That move brought 6,100 Hubs out of the un-featured status in October.

1. dwelburn profile image96
        dwelburnposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for clarifying that Writer Fox. I had not seen that.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
        Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, I think I missed that message too.  Good to know.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image81
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

When HP notifies you of this.

4. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

If you have hubs with low traffic, you can try to develop more traffic from social sites like Pinterest. WryLilt has hubs about getting traffic from Pinterest.

working