jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Where is the "reply" button for hub comments?

1. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I hope I'm posting this question in the correct category. If not, I apologize.

Up until a few days ago, if I had more than one new comment under a hub, I would click to allow those comments to be posted and then I'd see a "deny" and a "reply" button. Being able to hit "reply" and respond directly beneath a comment made it so much easier to answer people's questions or reply to a comment without having to scroll back and forth between their comment and the bottom of the page. For some reason, in the past few days, I only get the "deny" button and the "reply" button doesn't appear. Has this feature been discontinued or is it possible it has something to do with my browser or some other glitch?

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sheila,
      It was actually a bug and it has now been fixed. I suggest going to your comments tab in My Account.  You can accept/reject comments and reply easily there.  If you would like us to work on creating a reply button in the Hub, you can make a post in the New HubPages Feature Suggestions Forumsmile

1. profile image0
        sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Robin. I usually forget about the comments tab because I go the hub from my email notifications. I'll have to remember to skip the notifications about my own hubs and use the comments tab.

2. Ronald Bachner profile image86
      Ronald Bachnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sheila, I just saw your question and it appears you now have the answer.  Go to the Comments  tab at the top of the screen and then approve or deny a comments and the reply button appears.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image81
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

When I began at HP I asked about that not appearing until I had made a comment the other way. It was recommended that I did not use it anyway so I just use the bottom of the page. It supposedly leaves more room for the comment.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Examiner. I didn't know you didn't get as much room for comments using the reply button. That's not good for someone like me who can get rambling and almost forget to stop. LOL!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image81
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome sheila. :-)

working