jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

I cannot get my ads/earnings to start?

1. Catherine Talbot profile image61
    Catherine Talbotposted 2 years ago

I'm new and I cannot seem to get the earnings program going. I thought that I just needed to wait until Google accepted my application, but then I got an email from Hub Pages saying that new members can start earning and being involved in the contests without the google Adsense program. I followed the steps and have looked into the FAQ but my earnings page still says that it is "not active" and I don't know what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are right.  You can participate in the contests and win prizes before joining the Earnings Program, you just won't earn any income from the Hubs you write.

2. KenDeanAgudo profile image73
      KenDeanAgudoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that is right as what marisa had said. But it is really hard to win contest here, my advice is that wait for 6-8 months and have 25 hubs before applying to adsense program. (This is my advice if you are not a US resident) Something about the adsense policy.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Catherine,

You can join the HubPages Earnings Program (HEP) without AdSense. You just need a tax form and a PayPal account. However, you do need AdSense to participate in the HubPages Ads Program, which is how you earn from ads.

Basically, HEP is the payment mechanism, and the ways you can win are through contests (which don't need AdSense), and through eBay, Amazon, and HP Ads (all of which do require AdSense).

2. Purpose Embraced profile image92
    Purpose Embracedposted 2 years ago

Just encourage you Catherine, I applied after two months with ten hubs, and got accepted in the Adsense program within a few days. I am not a US resident.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Residents of some countries do have a six-month waiting period after publishing about 25 Hubs before they can apply for AdSense, i.e., India, Nigeria, Indonesia, etc.

3. Author Cheryl profile image86
    Author Cherylposted 2 years ago

It took me almost two years to get my earnings activated and my adsense was activated way before that.  I really don't know what to tell you.  There is no one to contact on here so I would just wait it out.

4. pratikmewada profile image61
    pratikmewadaposted 2 years ago

Minimum word count for a hub is 800, but I suggest you to cross the milestone of 1250+ in every of your hub and create 20-25 hubs.
    Now, keep the traffic flowing on your hub(because Google will accept you only if you have enough and unique content and "GOOD" traffic on your hub.), let your hubs get 3-4 months old, then apply to ad-sense.

Hope this helps.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Because you live in India, Google's AdSense requires you to have about 25 Hubs and THEN wait six months before applying.  If you apply sooner than that, you will get rejected and then you'll have to wait another 30 days before applying again.

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Minimum word count IS NOT 800!

5. Catherine Talbot profile image61
    Catherine Talbotposted 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the input! I think I understand now.