You are invited to a write-a-thon this weekend.

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (50 posts)
  1. WiccanSage profile image91
    WiccanSageposted 10 years ago

http://www.sharingmachine.com/prodimages/creative-333.gif

Aaaakkk! I have been so sick for 2 weeks and I am so behind on all my writing projects! I have articles due for clients next week, I have not published a hub in almost 2 weeks and forget my fiction.

Anyway-- I will be here all weekend. I will have the house to myself so I am going to chow down on fast food and junk and put on music and bang away, only stopping for sleep, showers & Walking Dead, lol.

It's always nice to have others to chat with about progress and goals and laugh at how loopy you get after a while and share silly memes and such.

So anyway-- I will be on this thread. I plan to start Friday morning and finish in the wee hours of the night on Sunday-- aw, hell. Maybe I'll go through Monday as well. I'll see how I feel.

If anyone wants to join me, even for a few hours this weekend at any time, meet me on this thread. yikes)

1. profile image53
      descentiongalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This hubpages account was an experiment that is going well. What are we writing. Give me 5 topics I will put out 5 hubs. First one to have them all pas the quality assessment process wins. You care to try that? I think I am going to just make that a forum thread. Unless your in.

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 10 years ago

Good luck Wiccan Sage!  I'll be out at work most of the weekend but I'll check in and see how you are doing when I can

WiccanSageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I'll be here. :-)

3. catgypsy profile image72
    catgypsyposted 10 years ago

Sorry to hear you've been sick! I'm hoping to get some writing done this weekend too! Will try to check up on you...write, write, write!!! smile

Great, hope to see you!

4. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 10 years ago

I'd love to ... except I'll forget smile
    All the best for the weekend ... I'll probably rediscover this thread in 2 years' time as I get overwhelmed smile

2 yrs- that will be cool. LOL. Like a time capsule. Thanks!

1. earner profile image82
        earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, as it turned out, it wasn't 2 years later that I was back .... but 3am UK time as I'd nodded off, then woke up groggy .... then logged into Hubpages and there was a notification...

So I am back to see how it's going.

5. WiccanSage profile image91

Good morning fellow writers :-)

It is 9 AM in my neck of the woods, and an awesome beautiful day. I have the blinds open and the sun is shining in. I am going to have a very PRODUCTIVE DAY!

I had my toast and peanut butter-- breakfast of champions. I'm burning some incense for clarity of thought (mostly sandalwood, rosemary, and Dittany of Crete).  This morning's meditation was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTic21Z0gZo

My first project today is knocking out some short articles for one of my clients. I got a bunch due next week for them.

I am off!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8812985_f248.jpg

Cups of Coffee: 1
    Current Word Count: 0
    Mood: ambitious!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL---LOVE that 'button!'  Describes me very well.  The Internet is a mixed blessing/curse, for sure.  It is so much easier and faster to do research than dragging oneself out to the library, but it is also awash in mindless distractions.
      I wish you well on your writing binge.  For myself, I write when the muse demands; I've recently put out 3 articles in a week; a lot for me, so I'm probably on hiatus for another week or so, unless some genius inspiration hits.  wink

(On the incense:  I can only burn it in the kitchen--at the other end of the house from the office--only safe spot is on top of the stove; but we have kitties, and I've read that some of the "fumes" from some scents can be harmful to kitties, so I'm leery of using it very often, as I cannot remember where I read that, or which scents...)

Hi there Ms Lizzy!

I am chugging along! Just finished a hub I'm going to publish and then i want to get a few more in various stages of progress done to put up next week.

As for incense-- it's no more worse than for cats than for humans, though some people and cats are more irritated by it than others. Too much incense isn't really good for any things that breathe, lol, so it's better to burn it somewhere well ventilated where you won't be directly huffing all that smoke and let the sent drift throughout the house.

2. Sushma Webber profile image73
      Sushma Webberposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Love the Badge. I might join you for a few hours over the weekend for your write-a-thon. I am in the process of getting my new blog ready. Your motivation might be a great help.

6. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 10 years ago

Hope it's still going well Wiccan Sage.  Keep that incense burning!

Going good, thanks! 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8813182_f248.jpg

Cups of Coffee: 2
      Current Word Count: 900 (3-300 word articles)
      Mood: Positive and Focused!

7. WiccanSage profile image91

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8813473_f248.jpg

Finished today's news commentary articles for one of my clients! Whew, they're always hard for me. I'm not much of a hardcore reporter. I have 10 more of these to do this weekend but that's okay.

I need to take a quick break, eat lunch & stretch my lets. i just put on Dr. Horrible to listen to as I tackle a few quick chores. I love the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9kHpCv1ts

Then it's back to the drawing board.

Cups of Coffee: Going to pour my 3rd.
    Current Word Count: about 1,500
    Mood: gotta pee!

8. WiccanSage profile image91

Finished me a hub :0)

Pics and all. Now to get it up.

I got a little party of 1 going on here... it's 4:09 EST and I'm taking a break and starting dinner. Anyone writing tonight feel free to join me.

Cups of Coffee: 3
    Current Word Count: about 2300
    Mood: need a back rub but still in good spirits ;-)

9. WiccanSage profile image91

Cups of Coffee: 3
    Current Word Count: about 2700
    Mood: had a rest & meal, ready to go
    Listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffdlGPqHF8

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8814264_f248.jpg

10. WiccanSage profile image91

I am going to take a break and might even fall asleep or might be back tonight-- who knows?

Cups of Coffee: 5
    Current Word Count: about 3500
    Mood: Need a nap, lol.

11. catgypsy profile image72

Wow, you are doing great! I started a hub last night and hope to finish it tonight. Good going!

12. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 10 years ago

Hello, Sage! You're doing great and I love reading your progress reports! You're so fun smile Keep up the good work!

13. Availiasvision profile image80
    Availiasvisionposted 10 years ago

I love this, it's like a writing reality show.  Excellent work!

Writer Survivor!

14. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 10 years ago

Look at this ... it's me again... taking notice of my notifications smile
    Popping in to see how it's going smile

15. WiccanSage profile image91

Good morning! Thanks everyone for stopping by and cheering me on. I am determined to catch up some this weekend.

I had a really good night's sleep and I'm getting started today with finishing up some hubs.

Cups of Coffee: 6
    Current Word Count: about 3500
    Mood: ready to go

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8815139_f248.jpg

16. WiccanSage profile image91

Cups of Coffee: 7
    Current Word Count: about 5100
    Mood: meh

Got to start on some of the boring stuff now. One of my client needs a bunch of advertisements. Slogans, images, etc. Not much writing but all part of the job.

If anyone else is writing today let me know how you're doing.

17. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

Don't know if I will write today or not; I am going to be doing a Waters of the World ritual at high noon.
    It is a worldwide event, "Pagans Against Fracking."  Both groups and solo practitioners are participating.
    Whether or not my solo ceremony warrants a Hub remains to be seen....

Sounds very cool! Have a great time! I know it sounds like something I'd love to see a hub on.

:-)

I will make the attempt...  ;-)

18. WiccanSage profile image91

Cups of Coffee: 8
    Current Word Count: about 5100
    Mood: determined!

Well, I'm done with my ads, which mostly were graphics and not writing so I'm not even going to throw it into the word count.

I just took a 45 minute break and nodded off on the couch with the dog. I am ready to go now for the rest of the night.

Probably work through dinner on some hubs and then get to my news articles and hopefully some fiction by morning.

It's odd how having something for progress accountability-- even if it's just a message board -- helps keep me on track with things. I used to belong to a writers group and we'd do this daily but it mostly disbanded, and we used to have virtual write-ins on the Nanowrimo boards to help us chug along.

I'd forgot how much it helped (even if I'm the only one here today into it!).

These help too, lol:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8815849_f248.jpg

I did write a hub; e-mailed you the link, since we are not supposed to put links to our hubs in forums...  wink

Awesome! Can't wait to read it, thanks!

19. WiccanSage profile image91

Cups of Coffee: 8
    Current Word Count: about 6350~ish
    Mood: I think I can I think I can I think I can

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8816417_f248.jpg

20. catgypsy profile image72

You're doing great! I finished and published a hub last night. Now need to work on some posts for my blogs!
    You are outworking all of us...good job!

Thank you, and sounds like you're very busy too!  Doing great!

21. WiccanSage profile image91

Let's see... last night I feel asleep around 12 or 1 on my chair with my computer in my lap, lol. But I finished a couple more hubs.

Today I've got to get to one of my clients news articles and finish them up, and work on my fiction.

I am really tired... I lingered this morning. But feeling very productive and am determined to see the weekend through. I have done a lot of catching up.

I might do this every weekend for the rest of the month to fully catch up and get ahead again.

I'm also hungry because I've been living on things like corn dogs and Doritos and frozen pizza for 2 days. But my son is making corned beef & cabbage & Irish soda bread today. So at least I'll get a hot meal,

Anyone else writing today?

Cups of Coffee: 11
    Current Word Count: about 8000~ish
    Mood: I can go the distance!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8817292_f248.jpg

22. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

This is for hub writing so guess I can't participate because my marathon writing this weekend is all for clients.  I did pound out nine 600-800 word articles yesterday, did 40 product descriptions and still managed to get an hour workout in, so I'm feeling pretty proud of that.  Unfortunately, I am still about 3 days worth of work behind after a computer meltdown 2 weeks ago.  It took me a lot of time to restore and then reload almost 3 years worth of work from backup drives.  Of course that happens in the middle of a major assignment LOL.   I feel like I'm on a writing treadmill these days - writing all over the place and still not getting anywhere!

Good luck to you on your weekend Marathon - sounds like you're doing really well smile

Hi Christin-- no, actually most of my work I've been doing is for my private clients because of my deadlines next week. Writing is writing as far as I'm concerned!

Congrats one getting a lot of work done! 40 product descriptions is great.

I hear ya on the computer meltdowns-- uggh, they've slowed me down more than once. And of course when you write a lot and do a lot of research it makes you prone to finding more viruses.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and good luck to you on your goals as well!

23. Marie Flint profile image72
    Marie Flintposted 10 years ago

Your regime, Wiccan, sounds a bit like an all-nighter in college. I don't necessarily recommend this type of schedule, but I do admire your desire to focus. I pray you find a happy, yet productive balance. All the best to you!

It does remind me of college, Marie, lol. But after 2 weeks of being sick I'm very behind. Plus I was very bored after 2 weeks and I had the house blissfully peaceful for the weekend because everyone else was out.

Sometimes after something unexpected (like being sick for 2/3 weeks) you have to shift your weight to one extreme for a bit to bring your balance back.

I like it when the pressure is on, I get very productive. But I do have balance-- normally my work does not consume my life. I have family, friends, creative hobbies, spiritual routines, domestic chores, etc. -- so I do feel quite balanced overall. Thanks for your concern, though.

24. WiccanSage profile image91

Just to update: I just finished another round of news articles for one client and am about to get started on a weeks worth of blog entries for another client. 

I can smell the corned beef and the soda bread... mmm. It's lifting my spirits to know a great home-made hot meal is coming.

I just took a quick break & a stretch. I plan to take one more quick break to eat and then again to watch Walking Dead at 9, but I expect to go to midnight/1 AM

Cups of Coffee: 13
    Current Word Count: about 9500
    Mood: mellow like jello

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8817771_f248.jpg

25. WiccanSage profile image91

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8817986_f248.jpg
    Flickr/egg on stilts

Yeah, baby. Hot home-cooked meal. My 15 yr old budding chef cooked  us a veritable Irish American feast, traditional soda bread and all.

Not a typical meal for us at all, but nice after the not a typical weekend of junk for me. Tomorrow, it's back to hummus wraps, baked chicken, veggie stir fry and salads. And easing back to 3 cups of coffee per day, :-)

Anyway... back to the drawing board till 9 pm.

Cups of Coffee: 14
    Current Word Count: about 9950~ish
    Mood: stuffed and happy

Looks like your 15-year-old is going to be a very good cook!

I'm in the doghouse (sort of) because I lost track of where we were in the month, and forgot to buy hubby is St. Paddy's day feast...  sad   yikes

But, I don't get much to eat when I do fix that for him, given that I'm a vegetarian.  Freudian slip much?  lol

I'm telling you, it's like having a personal chef, lol. He's been in an online high school cooking school for 2 years now, and he's about to start his first official certification class.

Ever meet someone who just seemed to have a calling? When he was a tot he insisted on "skirring" everything for me when I cooked. At 4 he announced he was going to be a chef~ and he has not once wavered from that decision. He loves to cook, he does about half the cooking now.

Best thing about waiting after the 17th, at least you hit the big corned beef sales! I'd forget too-- my husband brought home 3 big slabs of meat.

26. WiccanSage profile image91

Progress Report:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8818215_f248.jpg
    patrikneckman/Flickr.com

1. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well done Wiccan Sage, glad you got through that marathon still somewhat alive.

27. catgypsy profile image72

You can be really proud of yourself! Good job.
    That's great that your son loves to cook and wants to be a chef. I'm glad you got a good meal in!

28. WiccanSage profile image91

Thanks everyone! Still at it-- must be all the coffee... but I'm almost caught up with everything due this week, and got a few hubs finished to boot.

Cups of Coffee: 16
    Current Word Count: about 10600
    Mood: running on fumes but determined to finish

29. WiccanSage profile image91

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8818736_f248.jpg

Thanks for everyone's support this weekend!

Cups of Coffee: 16
    Current Word Count: about 11450
    Mood: victorious, relieved and ready to fall into bed!

G'night!

1. Sushma Webber profile image73
      Sushma Webberposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Gosh I think I am weekend late smile I might try your idea for next weekend. Congratulations on writing 11450 words

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)