jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

A Heart Breaking Saddness

1. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

So Yesterday afternoon I ran to get a few things from the grocery store for my mother as well as a few things at teh mall for prom. When I was in open area walking I saw this couple The guy was yelling at a girl (probably his girlfriend). the guy was yelling at the girl about overreacting. Apparently she thought she had seen him with another girl. So after the fight (while I was looking at a rack of stuff) He left and they made up over the fight. As I left I was walking down the stairs and again saw the guy, no girl with him she was in the bathroom he had left her and (now in another store) HE WAS MAKING OUT WITH ANOTHER GIRL!

She came out of the bathroom! She was devastated! She started crying and ran back into the bathroom. My instinct was to go beat up the guy (which would not have been good) so I ran into the bathroom after the girl and gave her a hug. She said that he has been drinking more and she had been dating for five years!

How horrible! It wanted to cry myself!

1. Josh Frusciante profile image61
      Josh Fruscianteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Quite unfortunate how nice women can end up with such pigs. What does this say about society as a whole? This is an all too common thing with men abusing our lovely ladies. Is it nature or nurture? Certainly we are not inherently born with ill intentions.. Where do we see this kind of behavior made acceptable? Easily you could point out that a good amount of what we hear on the radio and see on TV is very derogative towards women. Even though we are making strides in women’s rights, women are still displayed as trophies or pieces of meat in songs and on TV... although that guy could have just been another random jerk... it is sad to know that events like that are becoming increasingly more common place.. Unfortunate situation, but your act of kindness shines a positive light on the situation... There are still some people who are decent enough to reach out and comfort a stranger.

1. sassychic profile image60
        sassychicposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I cant believe what  I saw that girl was emotionally destroyed. I gave her a hug and said you call me if you need to talk I'll be there! She thanked me and quietly left the restroom. She hasnt called me but I dont expect her too though.

2. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 7 years ago

What a heartless turkey!! Poor girl.