jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)

AdSense ads have disappeared all over.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Several days ago it was mentioned that the sidebar had disappeared, appeared, disappeared, on HP Hubs. I just noticed on another site which I am frequently on that the ads have also vanished. I checked a couple others which have AdSense and they are also gone.

2. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image90
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 2 years ago

That's odd. I can still them right now on both my hubs and other people's. I've just checked another site where I have adsense and the ads are showing there too.

Perhaps there is some malware on your pc that is stopping you from seeing the ads?

The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just Googled it and various others have been complaining/commenting about AdSense disappearing from their Websites, blogs, etc., so I am not the only one. I even found a site mentioning an ad (by AdSense) to buy Malaysian airline tickets - while the Malaysian plane is still missing!
      There were others on here who also did not see them on Hubs.

3. ChristinS profile image92
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I use Firefox and have an addon that blocks ads - could that be it? Perhaps your browser is blocking the ads? Probably not though if you are seeing them on some sites and not others.

I will check again but I have looked, I think a couple of times, and I cannot find anything. Besides I see Amazon and eBay but not AdSense.

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago

I thought Google and AdSense were/are the same?  Are they not?

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Google is the parent company or brand. Adwords is their advertising arm and Adsense provides revenue for publishers. I am not sure why you ask, I could not tell from previous posts but I hope that answers your question.

5. susi10 profile image94
    susi10posted 2 years ago

Kevin,
    I checked out some of your hubs including your hub on Hubber Scores and there were AdSense ads there. I can take a screenshot if you like. Check this hub on your current browse and see if the AdSense ads are there.

1. susi10 profile image94
      susi10posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, meant "on your current browser". I hate making typos. smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree.  This is probably a browser issue.  Try signing on with a different browser and look to see if the ads appear.

I checked Firefox and IE the other day and I did not see the AdSense on either one. This is becoming stranger. I will carefully search through what I can think of on HP. Somehow my mail was turned off and I do not know why. I did not do that.
          I will also check the other browsers again.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83

I searched on Firefox and tried several of m y Hubs and saw the ads plus the the four moving buttons in the sidebar.
          On several others Hubs there were two which had the buttons but no AdSense ads and a few which included all items.

When I Googled it before there were some who were saying the ads had appeared, disappeared, reappeared. I saw that on here too.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83

Check out what Hub susi10?

6. WriterJanis profile image82
    WriterJanisposted 2 years ago

I just checked and my ads are gone as well.

Then it is not me. Last night I checked my browser and today I was going through everything in my Windows/computer. I think that it is a flaw in AdSense. I can see the ads from Amazon and eBay. The AdSense ads are gone from other sites also.

7. Barbara Kay profile image84
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

My Adsense shows no views from Hubpages for 3/17. I hope something odd hasn't happened.

8. jhehe profile image92
    jheheposted 2 years ago

Could it be your hubscore? If the score is too low, below 70 I think, then Adsense won't show up. I can only think that this is the case if it is selectively showing up.

9. The Examiner-1 profile image83

I thought of something which might be the answer - or part of the answer.
    Who uses Windows 7 w/Google Chrome and a desktop?

I use Windows 7 and a desktop but I normally use Internet Explorer but I have Chrome too. I will check your hubs now and will give an update in a moment.

On Chrome, I haven't seen any ads on any of your hubs. None at all. It is like they have completely disappeared on the Chrome browser. Very strange indeed. It could be an AdSense flaw as you mentioned above.

It has to be since I use Chrome all of the time. I also have IE and Firefox. Last night I tried Firefox and saw the ads on some Hubs but not all of them.
          That is strange though because Google is the owner of AdSense. Unless there is something going on between them.

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
            Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am showing traffic at the Adsense site, so I'd assume mine are alright now.

Careful, they have been appearing and disappearing. I searched last night though and it looks like Google took a plunge - which after trying to read several items I will put in brief terms. It seemed minor for Google but major for AdSense although everything might be - or almost be - straightened out.

10. The Examiner-1 profile image83

I am able to see the ads again - actually it was the entire right sidebar - it was due to my adding an app to Chrome. When I disabled it, the sidebar appeared.

working