jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Before publishing Hub - how can I get URL to reflect new title

1. The Zen Mistress profile image82
    The Zen Mistressposted 2 years ago

I have a new hub all ready to go, but I couldn't decide on a title until the end so I just gave it a general placeholder. Literally, it is called "Creative Writing-Short Stories Hub Placeholder".  Clearly I don't want that to be the title of my article. At the very least, my Hub no longer applied just to short stories. At worst, it's a horrible title. I changed the title and saw that the URL still reflected the placeholder title. It seems like there has to be a way to get the URL to reflect the new title without cutting and pasting the entire thing into a brand new, appropriately titled Hub, right? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You cannot change the URL. The best thing to do is to delete that hub and create a new one with the URL of your choice. In future it's best to figure out your URL before creating your hub, this will save you a lot of hassle.

2. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Oh no, from my understanding, Zen Mistress, once you click on "continue" at the bottom of the opening page to begin your hub, the URL is permanent. I just recently found this out after realizing my URL was bad on a hub. There is a way like deleting and starting over but I'm not sure.

3. Bor Jemec profile image61
    Bor Jemecposted 2 years ago

I ve tried to change URL but no luck. I think Hubpages should include that. I started writting a hub, inserted images and links an a large map with locations. No way I will do this again, so the URL stayed as it was, but completely off topic.

4. The Zen Mistress profile image82
    The Zen Mistressposted 2 years ago

Ugh! Thanks all for your replies. I had a feeling that was the case, but I figured I should ask. *Sigh*

5. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 2 years ago

When you click to start a hub and are on the page where you write the title and select the hub category and format, etc. when you change the title the URL changes with it. Once you hit the continue button to go to the hub creation page the URL is locked and cannot be changed. Before creating a hub it is best to know for sure exactly what you are planning to write about so that even if you alter the title a bit the URL will still stay on topic.