jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Every hubscore has dropped significantly today. Why would this happen?

1. Mark Lees profile image85
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

Every hub that I have posted has had the hubscore drop significantly today. One hub lost 10 points and they have all lost at least 2 points. Why would all my hubs drop so significantly at the same time? My hub visits have also dropped significantly since Friday.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A part of your hubscores has to do with the traffic your hubs get. If you see a significant drop on traffic then you will see a significant drop in scores. The weekend drop in traffic will be reflected on the current scores. When your traffic goes back up expect the scores to increase a day or two after.

1. Mark Lees profile image85
        Mark Leesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I get they fluctuate but all 11 hubs dropped and it hasn't happened before. And one was getting good views until Friday and dropped from a 95 to an 85. That just seems to be too much of an hit for losing traffic at the weekend (plus, now the score has dropped the traffic appears to have dropped even further which means a good hub is now likely to end with a very poor score)

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There are several reasons why hubscores drop. I only mention traffic because you did.
          Have you checked your traffic sources? That affect hubscores as well.
          Maybe your hubs are only now just passing through the QAP and are now just being assigned a rating score.

On the other hand, hubscores have no relevance in earning so you shouldn't worry too much about that. What you can do is check your traffic sources for individual hubs. Try going through and see if there is anything you can do to the hubs to make them better. That's what I do when my score or traffic drops.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HubScore is based mainly on the QAP assessment of the Hub content.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

Here is some more information regarding the scale and criteria used for QAP ratings.
      http://hubpages.com/help/hub_hop_table#informational

If you have any other specific questions about ratings for your Hubs, please email them to team at hubpages dot com.

2. Writer Fox profile image77
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Traffic has nothing to do with my Hub Scores. There's no relationship at all on mine.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My observation differs from yours.  It is not immediate, but with sustained lower traffic I see scores decrease, and traffic correlates with hubscore cross my hubs.

1. Writer Fox profile image77
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have a Hub with 2 visits in the past 24 hours and it has a score of 90.  I have another Hub with 233 visits (and consistently gets this every day) and its score is 68.

Yes, there are other factors.  But I am looking at all 100+ of my hubs and a correlation, and either traffic is a major factor -- or it is an astounding coincidence.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why don't you email the team about this.

About what? I am satisfied with my understanding of the situation--to the extent that I care about hub scores at all, which is not a lot

2. DrMark1961 profile image90
            DrMark1961posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Based on my experience, I agree. I have almost 300 hub, and my best are in the top  third (per hub score), my worst (poorest performing based on page views) are in the bottom third, and the mediocre performers are in the middle.

3. Mark Lees profile image85
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

I want to find out if it is a common phenomenom first before getting all official. I was more concerned that somebody may have just voted my hubs down arbitarily.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I guess this answers one question: "HubScores are based on a wide range of different factors, including the amount of traffic your Hub gets..."

working