jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

I am updating my Hubs and my score is way down?

1. gardener den profile image12
    gardener denposted 2 years ago

Hi Fellow Hubbers
    I am updating my Hubs and every one is becoming featured so why is my hub score staying at 48?
    I think with each hub that is updated that your score should go up some. I feel this is wrong?

1. Helena Ricketts profile image96
      Helena Rickettsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry.  It takes a while for scores to update on here.

2. vocalcoach profile image93
      vocalcoachposted 2 years ago in reply to this

They'll pop back up again.  Just takes a few days to make the change.  Congratulations on all your hubs being featured!

3. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As Millionaire Tips stated below, it seems you follow people randomly and that will reduce your score significantly.

Based your recent activity you have not been doing anything that will increase your score. Here is what HP recommends to increase your score: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … d_13970188

I would suggest unfollowing most of the people you are following. Only follow those whose hubs you really intend to read.

4. Mark Johann profile image64
      Mark Johannposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am guessing that you may have left your hubs for a long time and that you just came back earlier these days. Things would change like my hubs here. I stopped for 4 months because I was busy then came my score decreasing as I wrote more hubs.

2. seanpollardz profile image60
    seanpollardzposted 2 years ago

This happened same with me. After 3 day I logged in and my hubscore was updated.  May be yours can happen same.

3. Bor Jemec profile image60
    Bor Jemecposted 2 years ago

Well 48 is really low, can not understand, i checked your hubs and they are not bad. Acccording to hubpages guidelines, updating hubs is good. My score didnt go down, but I just joined recently.

4. DamienAlexander profile image61
    DamienAlexanderposted 2 years ago

Odd... mine was 72 before I even published (although I had commented a little) and now it's at 88 even though my sole hub hasn't had a view all day.

5. Joe Cinocca profile image81
    Joe Cinoccaposted 2 years ago

I've never been able to figure out this stupid scoring thing. Easiest strategy is to focus on your writing, social share it and don't sweat the small stuff. Traffic has an effect, as do comments and sharing by other hubbers. The writing matters most, anyways.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Gardener Den, I took a look at your activity, and it looks like you have followed a bunch of people at once.  When you do this, your score will go down.  Following people here won't really help you get followers and reads.  You should only follow people who write about things that interest you, and when they do write those things, you should read those, make comments and vote on those hubs, etc. Otherwise, you look like you are trying to artificially try to get more followers.

By the way, you should note that even if you are successful in getting a lot of Hubbers to follow you, your best bet to get traffic and money is to learn SEO and court the outside community - search engine traffic.

7. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Hubs recently updated do not change immediately. Wait a few days.

8. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 2 years ago

Your hub score doesn't just come from the hubs but how often people read them.  I would suggest posting them on other websites such as Facebook, Pintrest, Google, Lideken, Indie writers and Google authors.  There are so many medias you can post your articles too and to bring traffic to your hubs.

1. Bor Jemec profile image60
      Bor Jemecposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Posting whole articles also is not good. It creates duplicate content. Maybe intro text or just link.

9. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 2 years ago

I'm not saying post the whole article but the link to the article

1. gardener den profile image12
      gardener denposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank You for the advice. Gardener Den