jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

I published a new hub yesterday, only to discover I had a nearly identical one already published over a year ago.  (With over 200 hubs, it's hard to keep track!)
    I un-published the first one, to avoid a duplicate content flag, because I think I did a better job on the new version.
    However, I might at some point combine parts of the old one into the new one, or revise the old one and re-publish as a different angle.
    Would I still get a duplicate content flag?  Also, would the original publication date on the now un-published hub remain as it was?

Senior Moments.

1. Twilight Lawns profile image86
      Twilight Lawnsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your explanation of what you did reminds me of 'The Modern Hiawatha' by somebody called Anonymous.  Foreign chap, I suppose.
      Do you know the poem?  I love it.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My republished hubs have all retained their original publication date.

3. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure if this helps. I have dozens of hubs I have deleted that still show up in search engines. They just lead to a 404 error code - That Page Doesn't Exist. I am not sure what that means with copyright or original publication date regarding HP, Google, or the Internet.

2. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

I think I would have kept both as long as they were not duplicates. I am sure a lot of us tend to go over old ground sometimes, and two hubs of the same thing can show added info that you can then link to each other. is it too late to undelete lizzy?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I didn't delete it, Nell; simply un-published it.  I need to go over both to make sure they are not duplicates, because on re-reading the original that I found, they both cover just about the same exact territory...

3. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

I would keep them both.  You can always edit in another capsule and an image.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

Thanks, everyone.  I'll have another look-see tomorrow when I'm (hopefully) more alert.  wink