jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Prayers This Afternoon Are Needed...

1. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 2 years ago

I read a Facebook post (I might be a little late on the subject) that it has been confirmed that Malaysian Flight 370 crashed in the South Indian Ocean. Please, say a prayer for all of the victims (there were two infants on that flight as well) that were lost and for their families. It's just so sad.

1. DreamerMeg profile image86
      DreamerMegposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So very sad and very distressing for their families.

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Prayers are sent.

3. Stevennix2001 profile image81
      Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago in reply to this

omg, that's horrible. sad  Ill definitely say a prayer for them, and their families and loved ones.

2. JayFS profile image85
    JayFSposted 2 years ago

That's sad - praying for the families. Were there any survivors at all?

3. JayFS profile image85
    JayFSposted 2 years ago

Wow my previous post sounded off. I meant this situation is sad, and I'm praying for the families affected.

1. lbsf1 profile image85
      lbsf1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

No survivors found so far, and if it has crashed into the Ocean as thought then it seems very unlikely any will be found now.

Very sad day for the families of those effected and a dark day/couple of weeks for aviation in general.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

There has still been no confirmation even of wreckage found.  But there is enough information about the planes path to rule out a survivable accident.  I think the Malaysian Prime Minister announced this to help the families begin their grieving process rather than waiting in false hope.

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree and I think they made the best decision. Why prolong the agony for those families? The "proof" could takes years. It is so devastating.

1. writinglover profile image81
        writingloverposted 2 years ago in reply to this

+1

I also saw that the Malaysian airlines had sent the news of the plane being lost in the Indian Ocean through a text message. Seriously? Why would you do that to these poor people? There is social media after all. They could have had a press conference with them. Insensitive cowards.

1. 0
          Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can't imagine they'll feel any closure until they know what happened.
          We pray for closure, peace and comfort.

5. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 2 years ago

Yeah. The Chinese have a ritual for honoring their dead. I don't remember what it is exactly (I know that they have to have a body in order to perform the ritual) but they consider those who have long since passed part of their family. To have that tradition disrupted would be seriously painful. Closure for them would be extremely difficult if not impossible.

6. Eazy_E profile image88
    Eazy_Eposted 2 years ago

Prayers to all involved.

working