jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Here is another site copying our content

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

I've been working at getting my content off this site with no luck. I've notified the site and Google, but I found more hubs on the site. It is a guy named Danny Calloway copying them there.
    www.  ibosocial.com  /dancally/pressrelease  .aspx?prid=311100

There is a list of links at the bottom of the page, if you want to search for one of yours.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

First, please destroy that link.  Put an extra space in or after the www maybe.  Never give a thief free backlinks from a respected site such as HP.

Second, google has nothing to do with this site and cannot remove anything there.  Find the host, using a whois service, and file your DMCA there.  You can also file with adsense, as theft is against their rules, in the hopes they will cancel the adsense account.

Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I thought if I didn't have the http:  that the link wouldn't work. Sorry about that. Thanks for the advice.

2. Writer Fox profile image79
    Writer Foxposted 2 years ago

Barbara,
    Send the DMCA to this email address and they will remove your content:
    legal@ibotoolbox.com

Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I'll try that. I've been emailing them, but I might have been using the wrong email address.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The site is a user-generated content site, like YouTube or HubPages.  It's reputable and it has always responded promptly to my removable requests. The email I posted is the correct one to use.  Let me know if your content isn't removed within a few days.

This is from their Terms of Service:
        "7. IBO has a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism. IBO recognizes that blogging is a heavily referential medium and that bloggers frequently cite and quote from each other’s work. Such citations might be protected under the legal doctrine of fair use. However, IBO will remove any post that crosses the line from fair use to plagiarism, at IBO’s sole discretion. Authors who knowingly submit plagiarized work may be banned from IBO communities."

3. seanpollardz profile image80
    seanpollardzposted 2 years ago

Google can only remove the  website from their search result after filing DMCA. To take down the content, contact the host. If host is negligible about request then I ma sorry to say there is nothing you can do other than writing new content.

working