jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

A Few Question About Referrals.

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

1. I am having trouble finding the link for HP referrals, something like 'hubpages/new user/CODE/.com'
    Can someone give me the correct url please.

2. Are we no longer permitted to use the above mentioned link in our Hubs anymore?

3.  If a new user is viewing a Hub and then signed up for an account, does that count as a referral for the page's creator?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi SS, we still permit the use of referrals, and the easiest way to refer other people is by using the "link to this page" button at the bottom of any page on HubPages: http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8775980_f520.jpg

However, we strongly discourage Hubbers from including signup links in Hubs. Referrals are not intended to be used that way, and doing so will disqualify your Hubs from becoming Hubs of the Day, make them less likely to be chosen as Editor's Choice, and possibly exclude you from other community contests and programs.

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
        SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Christy,

I only wish to use it in one Hub where I recommend HP and would like to benefit from any signups, would that be an issue?

If I post a link to another members Hub, who would get the referral, me or the Hub's owner?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If the Hub is about joining HubPages, including a signup link is probably acceptable (though this is the only exception I can think of). I'll check with the Moderation Team to make sure, though, because I'm not positive. It's mostly just a problem when Hubbers include a signup link with a referral tracker that have nothing to do with a Hub's content.

You would get the referral, since the "link to this page" button uses your tracker no matter what page or Hub it is linking to on HP.

working