jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon earnings not included in HP payments?

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 2 years ago

I'm am daft when it comes to how these payments work. I just realized that my Amazon earnings are not included in the payments made to my Paypal account, even though I opted into the HP Amazon program.

Am I missing something?

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are right. Same thing here.

My guess is that the return policy time period has to expire first. And then Amazon has to actually pay up to HP.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I found the pic. It is not pretty. big_smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5730389.png

Ctrl+ will enlarge it.

Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paradigmsearch. smile

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

You will be paid for amazon sales on the same schedule as before, just from HP now.  So two months after a sale, near the end of the month, you will be paid.

Which is what PDS's diagram shows.  It takes two+ months to get paid for any particular sale, and it has only been one month since implementation.

You should, however, be getting payment this month from Amazon for anything sold in January.

Thanks Wilderness, that's explains it. smile

1. Nell Rose profile image89
        Nell Roseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So does that mean even though the total is say for example 79 dollars, and part of that is maybe 10 dollars, does that mean when we get paid this month we will only recieve 69 dollars?

Yes, that's what happened to me. The HP earnings show a certain amount but when I checked my Paypal transfer it was less, I did the calculations and saw that the Amazon earnings were missing.

1. Nell Rose profile image89
            Nell Roseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Carolee, aw bummer! lol! and there was me thinking I had earned a lot more in one go! aw well...it will be great when we get it! lol! Thanks for answering.

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

I noticed the same thing, my actual payment was less than the February totals.  When I added up the numbers I saw that the exact difference was the amount of the Amazon earnings.

This all makes perfect sense, as wilderness explained very well in his prior post. When the Amazon program began on HubPages, I was actually wondering if we would get paid quicker now under HubPages. Because under my prior Amazon program I always had a wait two months.

I was also wondering if it was possible that HubPages was going to pay out of their own funds before they actually collect from Amazon. I didn't think that would happen. So now we know for sure, the rules are the same, Amazon pays two months later. That has not changed.

working