jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Has HP Changed the Revenue Sharing Model?

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

Generally the HP impressions are about 60% of the Google Analytics Stats reflecting the 60 (author) : 40 HP Share.
    Recent data suggests that the share has changed to 50:50????.
    Why has this occurred?
    Has there been a change of Policy?
    While the top three are * Pending the next three are confirmed values.
    Or perhaps this is some sort of random happening

Date.............................. HP impressions, Percentage of Analayics
    Sun, Mar 30, 2014*........56%
    Sat, Mar 29, 2014*.........54%
    Fri, Mar 28, 2014*...........56%
    Thu, Mar 27, 2014..........49%
    Wed, Mar 26, 2014..........45%
    Tue, Mar 25, 2014..........59%
    Mon, Mar 24, 2014..........65%
    Sun, Mar 23, 2014..........65%
    Sat, Mar 22, 2014..........66%
    Fri, Mar 21, 2014..........66%
    Thu, Mar 20, 2014..........65%
    Wed, Mar 19, 2014..........65%
    Tue, Mar 18, 2014..........63%
    Mon, Mar 17, 2014..........65%
    Sun, Mar 16, 2014..........67%
    Sat, Mar 15, 2014 ..........65%

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think (but not sure) that HP uses Quantcast for its numbers.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hp does not use Quantcast or any other counter to determine the percentages.  It is a random number generator assigning which code to use to each visitor.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

We haven't changed the revenue share model.  I actually was just comparing HP Ads to AdSense.  You may want to try it.  HP Ads is over 30% better for my Hubs in my test.

janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I use HP ads and have done so for years. There has been some change in the frequency of allocating ads to author and HP - perhaps it is a mathematical or a statistical error, and it will change back soon. It almost appears that the share has flipped from 60:40 to 40:60. Can you please check, as something has definitely changed over a period of 6 days. I regularly check the ratio of HP impressions to Analytics and this is definitely a major change. HP impressions should be about 60% of analytics 'visits', reflecting the sharing model. Page views on the stats pages is essentially the same as analytics, but reported a day later.
      Thanks for your help. It obviously has a major impact on revenue! Perhaps 10-15% drop for the same number of views.
      Perhaps other authors may wish to check their data.

1. yougotme profile image92
        yougotmeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We share the same observation. It seemed like it really did flip around. I computed it, and it was closer to that ratio.

2. Blake Flannery profile image92
      Blake Flanneryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I noticed the same thing. Can you elaborate on why the impression share seems to have changed?
      Thanks man.

3. Good Guy profile image93
      Good Guyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, what is the difference between HP ad and adsense, and how to go about it?

3. lbsf1 profile image86
    lbsf1posted 2 years ago

I did find that mine dropped off recently a little bit. For example I only got 25% of views (unique visitors) as impressions on sunday.

My numbers are very small (12 and 3) so I'm probably not the best example, however when I saw it I did think, hmmn.

4. janderson99 profile image86

There has been a clear change which is shown by the chart.
    Can HP staff please provide an explanation. It means a drop in earnings.

5. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 2 years ago

I noticed a pretty radical dip in my HP Amazon earnings on March 27 that's persisted, but did not check the impressions...been so long since I checked them.  What's the quickest way to verify impressions?

janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Compare visits in Google Analytics with HP Ad Program Impressions reported on the Earnings Page - There is a day difference in the dates. You can also qucikly check latest visitor stats on HP with earning impressions. The earning impressions should be 60% of the visits in either case [the dates differ but if the stats are steady the comparison is valid]. Also earning are not verified, so part comparisons using analytics data is a better way to go.

6. janderson99 profile image86

Looks like the 'errors' in ad program impressions have been corrected, including the erroneous 'verified' ones for 24-27 March. However the CPM's appear to have been reduced(!). Thanks HP for clarifying this.