jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Avast is showing hubpages as having a Bad Reputation. Can we Help?

1. cfin profile image80
    cfinposted 2 years ago

I went, today, to check and see if any of my articles had been plagiarized. What I found was even worse. Avast, my virus protection provider, and one of the largest in the world, leaves a little mark beside each site on google to tell you if it is safe. They indicate that all Hubpages are unsafe and have a bad reputation. Why? How can we change this? I am sure people would avoid our hubs from google if avast is telling them it has a bad rep

I have submitted my feedback that the website is great with a thumbs up. Can you all please do the same?

2. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

Are you sure its not your browser cfin? I took a look at mine and it seems to be fine, nothing next to it at all.

1. cfin profile image80
      cfinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is my virus protection that has an add on for my browser. But there are tens of millions of people with the same one and those people are not going to click on a hub when it shows up on this light.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago

This has already been addressed in a recent forum thread. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/121054#post2566914

1. cfin profile image80
      cfinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh Thank you. I will close the thread once Nell has time to read my response.

4. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image75
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago

I too raised the same concern over forum and have received some fine comments. Please check it in on my profile page.