jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (33 posts)

How do you take notes for Hub ideas?

1. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

I find myself writing Hub articles in my head all the time. I'll come up with a clever transition or witty summary idea and plan an outline of points I want to include. However, when I sit down to write, the ideas are gone. Any suggestions? How do you keep up with specific writing ideas?

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Having similar experiences over the years. I now go with it I cannot remember the subject / title idea by the time I get home to log it, then it was not a great idea. Maybe it will return and if an 'aha' experience occurs, then it is a greater idea. If it is a dream idea I keep a note pad next to where I sleep.

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah! I write notes in my diary or notebook and also in my phone. I would forget too if I didn't

3. literal profile image58
      literalposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Carry a note book with you and note down any thoughts that come to you.  One of my teachers suggested it.  It worked for me.

2. swilliams profile image82
    swilliamsposted 2 years ago

Hi Lisa Keating Hopefully this link will be of help.
    http://swilliams.hubpages.com/video/How … atured-Hub

1. 0
      LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

3. aingham86 profile image91
    aingham86posted 2 years ago

I have a notebook and write all my ideas in that. If I'm out, I use my phone. If i didn't wrote anything down then I'd completely forget everything smile

Ideas can crop up at any time and I even have a notebook by my bed to write things down.

1. 0

Sounds like how Walt Whitman kept notes for his poetry. I like your notebook by the bed idea.

1. aingham86 profile image91
        aingham86posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. It all started because I couldn't get plot bunnies out of my head when I was writing fiction. Now I find that ideas crop up at all times, usually when I don't want them to, but I'm very unlikely to remember dreams after a few minutes smile

In fact, I forgot to write one down because I was in a rush that morning and I've forgotten it completely.

2. Asheida profile image59
      Asheidaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for that valid tip. I myself have problems remembering ideas on things I wanted to 'hub' about.

4. swilliams profile image82
    swilliamsposted 2 years ago

That is the smart way to go. I believe that life is a story waiting o happen. Bu if you don't have a pen and notebook you can forget it. :-)

5. JessBraz profile image94
    JessBrazposted 2 years ago

I use the "notepad" app in my phone. I keep a running list of article ideas in there at all times.. Sometimes when I want to write a hub and I'm not sure what I want to write about I simply check my phone... sometimes the list even jogs my memory for ideas I had but forgot to make note of.

This summer, I hope to start writing a lot more around outdoor activities like camping and canoeing, since I do a lot of both of those activities. I have a little pocket notebook and pen that will be coming with me on all my outdoor adventures.

I don't really want to take an iphone out in a canoe with me. I'm eye balling a little water proof case to take my notebook in in case I tip my canoe. I'd be heartbroken if my notebook got destroyed.

1. swilliams profile image82
      swilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That would be bad. However it would make a great Hub! "Ways To Avoid Tipping Over In A Canoe With You iphone" It's original. I need to start using modern technology to take notes.  Sometimes I can't comprehend what I have written on my notepad.

2. 0

From someone who dropped two iphones in the swimming pool in two weeks, I hear you! I cannot text quickly, so I was thinking of using voice memo. I suppose it is just about developing good habits. Sounds like you have a fun summer planned!

6. Tom London profile image85
    Tom Londonposted 2 years ago

I do need to start doing that. Thanks for the tips, guys!

7. misslong123 profile image93
    misslong123posted 2 years ago via iphone

I use Evernote so that I can access my notes on the computer and cell phone and my information is saved and secure.

8. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

When I am at the computer I use Microsoft Word. If away from the computer then I use pencil (or pen) and paper.

9. 0

I downloaded Evernote a few weeks ago. I guess I should try it out.

1. 0

Every time I open Evernote it just looks complicated and I close it. Maybe someone has wriiten a hub on How to use Evernote for dummies.

2. aingham86 profile image91
      aingham86posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've tried Evernote but haven't found it that helpful yet. There is just something about a good old book and pencil that I love. Call me old fashioned wink

10. RonElFran profile image98
    RonElFranposted 2 years ago

I keep both a pad and a digital recorder on my bedside table. The great thing about the recorder is I can operate it without turning the light on, making it easier to get back to sleep. But if I'm not yet in that ready-to-sleep state, I prefer the pad. One thing I've discovered is that failing to note down that great idea because I'll certainly recall something as obvious as that the next morning is a very bad idea! I'll remember with clarity that I had a wonderful idea, but have no idea what it was.

1. 0

I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, I tend to get out of bed and go type. Lack of sleep leads to loss of creativity.

11. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 2 years ago

I have a notebook that I keep with me.  It has ideas, possible titles and notes.  I'm the type of person who forgets things if I don't write them down.  I reference it often, especially when I'm stuck for ideas.

12. moonlake profile image90
    moonlakeposted 2 years ago

I like the idea of the recorder by the bed. I keep a note pad by the the bed and when I'm up I use Word to write notes or start a hub . I save it and wait until I have time.When out of the house I use my phone to keep notes. I can't remember anything so I have to write it down. I have many ideas for recipes but have no time cook or bake. .

13. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Keep a notebook and pencil/pen at your side.

14. 0
    spahi992posted 2 years ago

I usually keep a small notebook and pen with me all the time as I brainstorm ideas or how to structure my hubs (ironically, I haven't published any yet, I have written 2, but want to wait till I write 5 before starting publishing) or I simply press the voice recording button on my phone and record it.

1. Tiffanyapril profile image59
      Tiffanyaprilposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hello Sphahi,
      Good Luck completing your hubs! Do what best for you, if I may suggest.  My second hub is still a work in the process.  I keep changing it. I hope to finish it this weekend.  I am weird and use a pencil when writing my thoughts. 
      May your day be Bless

1. 0
        spahi992posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Tiffanyapril

15. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago

Like most people mentioned, I keep a notebook with ideas, short sentences, various notes, and that sort of thing handy. I had to buy a new one, because I filled the old one up. I also use that notebook for jotting down notes when I do research. That way, I have the general idea, or key pieces of information, but when I go to write, it's all in my own words.

I also take advantage of my phone's notepad feature, or a voice recording app if I have a lot to keep track of, and don't feel like typing it all out.

16. luciano63 profile image79
    luciano63posted 2 years ago

Hi, in my case it is my daily interaction with students ..they offer me the topics to treat on my Hubs.

17. 0

I wrote 10 hubs then got writer's block. I used the voice memo feature on my phone to remember a title idea. Thanks for the suggestions. It is comforting to know there are others out there in the same position.

18. Vicky Tuts profile image80
    Vicky Tutsposted 2 years ago

I must admit that I do have the same problem. Having to divide time between writing and my daughter is such a challenge. I find myself writing a very good articles in my head while I'm breast-feeding my girl and putting her into sleep then when I go back to my laptop and start typing, it goes completely different with title, body, and ending, just everything sad I know I need to keep a note and sometimes I wish I have a third hand.

19. 0
    tpksarathyposted 2 years ago

Good question !  Just read some articles on Internet or books or magazines first. Grasp up important points in a note pad, keep those points as headings in hubpages. Now, Develop and sequence those headings into a hub with some photos and videos. Thats it.