jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Earning with amazon if you no longer have google adsense account

1. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 2 years ago

I have deleted my adsense account myself.  And was just wondering if I can still earn money on hubpages with my amazon.  Thanks

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Why on earth did you do that, Eileen?   It means you can't earn any money on HubPages, whether with Adsense, eBay or their new Amazon program!   

You could still go on with your personal Amazon account but it's very difficult to earn good income with that alone.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image84
        csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have been editing my articles so I can get a Google Adsense account. I wouldn't know why someone would want it removed. That's the only way to earn money in Hubpages and elsewhere.

2. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can still earn through affiliate marketing, but that route is so hard and uncertain!
      . . . But why DID you do that?
      To answer your question, i don't think you can.

2. viking305 profile image88
    viking305posted 2 years ago

Yes you can

3. Eileen Hughes profile image82

Ok Thanks Viking much appreciated

4. Eileen Hughes profile image82

Marissa, I stopped my adsense account because as a pensioner I had to keep going back to the centrelink and telling them each time I earned $5 or $20 a month.
    And everynow and then my husband was sent a form saying he had earned money.  When he had not.

So I got fed up and decided to end my earnings as the amount was not worth the hassle. One time they even stopped my payment.

So I tried to change hubs to donate to charity and could not.
    So deleted adsense account. Then sold my IB articles.
    Now I dont have and hassles any more and its great.

Why would your husband get sent a form if it's your Adsense account?  Are you sure it wasn't a scam of some kind?   

I also don't think you should've been declaring $5 to $20 a month.   If you were working, you wouldn't declare the money sitting in your Adsense or Amazon account - you only declare it if you actually get a payment.  That's because you don't have any legal right to that money until it reaches the threshold, so you haven't earned it yet - and you may never get it if you never reach the threshold.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea how it works in Australia, but when I was on unemployment, I reported weekly earnings, as best I could.  By doing so, it never affected my unemployment check, but if I waited until payday each month to report it I would have lost that week's unemployment check.

The rules were set up to allow that, as the wording AND the people were only interested in WHEN it was earned, not when it was paid.

2. Eileen Hughes profile image82
        Eileen Hughesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No as the Centrelink staff says you have to report it as you earn not when paid and if I earned one sent I had to declare it as it was an earnings.  I told them that it took 3 months to get paid sometimes and thats why they said record it on dates earned not paid.
        Also as we are husband and wife.  They said he had to report to because we were partners and it could affect his earnings too.  Which is Bu.. s..it.  Because I never ever earned enough to affect mine never mind his.
        So I just go so fed up.... Especially just before we were going away we looked at bank account and no money. They stopped our payment because he did not report.

When travelling we would be weeks out and not always have any internet connection so was pain in the butt. Hence I lost the incentive to earn

What a pain and how unreasonable!

5. BucsaEmanuel profile image81
    BucsaEmanuelposted 2 years ago

I never could rely on Adsense. As an affiliate marketer most of my income always comes from Amazon.

My Adsense account is about 4 years old and this might be the first month in those 4 years that I get my first payment.

I don't really know how anyone can make a living from their Adsense account. I get a good conversion and more than decent commissions each month from my Amazon Associates account.

I think it's a good thing you decided to switch to Amazon, since it can help you earn quite more.

6. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

IMHO if it is not in your bank account you have not earned it.  I you can escalate that question to a higher level I would suggest trying to do so.

In any case the same principle would apply to Amazon earnings as to Adsense earnings.

working