jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What embarrasses you the most?

1. Ahmed Med profile image60
    Ahmed Medposted 2 years ago

I feel embarrassed when i keep blushing for no reason...lol

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What embarrasses me many times is my speech patterns. I skip words in a sentence. That may be why I like writing. When in a conversation especially with professional or career topics I simply will jump passed words and sometimes a chunk of  a sentence. That usually generates a frown and I become embarrassed, even though friends overlook it.

Another thing that embarrasses me is when I do not understand what a person says and ask with some means to clarify. More than not a person thinks I was not paying attention when I simply did not understand what they said. Being a writer I discover as I become more experienced there are more than one meaning with a word. I get confused with meaning and have to clarify.

1. ARUN KANTI profile image59
        ARUN KANTIposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Forgetting the name of a person  I  met before or not remembering the right word while speaking to some one embarrass me the most.

1. janshares profile image86
          jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Same for me. I don't think they understand that it's my brain and not that I don't value knowing them. So awkward. hmm

1. 0
            Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Have you ever gone to introduce someone you've known for YEARS to someone else and couldn't remember the name of the person you knew? I've done that... You feel it coming, you're like "I'm about to get to the part where I say their name... nothing's coming... Come on! Surely if I just keep going it's gonna be there by the time I... DOH!" Then you just stand there horrified like you just slit their pet's throat in front of their child. And the weird part is no one helps you. They just stare at you like a train wreck in motion. It's enough to make you never leave the house again.

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

tripping in front of lots people! i hate it!

3. sehrm profile image89
    sehrmposted 2 years ago

forgetting names -- ditto that. What's worse in my opinion is calling someone by a different name and not realizing my mistake until much after the conversation has finished. Makes me feel like a royal asshat.

4. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

When your skirt is on the short side and the wind is on the gusty side... I've never enjoyed that moment.