jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What is a "Featured" article?

1. Sonja Larsen profile image83
    Sonja Larsenposted 2 years ago

Does anyone know what "Featured" article means? What happens with articles that are not featured? I haven't had this problem yet, but I've been wondering about this since day 1. Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A Featured Hub is seen by Google's robots, so Google will include it in the results when people are searching.

An Unfeatured Hub is invisible - the only people who can see it are the people you send a link to, or your followers.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

A featured article is listed by search engines like Google.  An unfeatured article is not.

3. chriscamaro profile image95
    chriscamaroposted 2 years ago

It means it's good enough to satisfy HP's criteria for what makes a high quality hub so it'll show up as a thumbnail in each hub category.  As stated it is also searchable through Google, which otherwise isn't the case.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image82
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

It simply means that it has been published. After you click on the 'publish' button it must first go through the QAP - Quality Assessment Process: Go to the link link below -  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs
    As it is going through this it is 'pending'. After it has gone through it is either 'featured' (published) or unpublished. If it is unpublished then you will have to find and correct the problems - poor grammar, spelling, not enough words, other.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Unfeatured hub are still published.  They are just blocked from being listed by search engines.

6. Sonja Larsen profile image83

Oh cool, just came back to my desk and found all these great answers. Thanks everyone!

7. csmiravite-blogs profile image85
    csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago

It looks like a living dead. It is there, but nobody can see it. I have several of mine that were not featured a few months back. I edited them, put nice pictures, and have them updated. Now they are all featured except for one more hub, which I intend to update too.

8. Sonja Larsen profile image83

I see. Well that's good you got a chance to update and get it featured.

working