Suggestion for a Notebook

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image74
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago

I wish to buy a Notebook for my hubbing work.  Please suggest a decent machine.  Don't offer Laptops, I prefer notebook exclusively for typing/publishing online articles. Please help.

2. Billie Kelpin profile image92
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

Suni..., The main reason I picked my Samsung netbook N150 plus was because of the MATTE SCREEN. It enables me to take my network and work ANYWHERE, even on one of the public piers on the beautful Balboa Island docking piers!  I can write while sailboats glide past me! My husband helped me pick out this Samsung netbook two years ago. The Samsung and the Lonevo were the only ones at that time that came with a matte screen. But be careful, because if that's a feature you want, Samsung makes my particular netbook in both the matte and glossy screen. 

Mine had only Windows on it with none of the software I needed.  We loaded Microsoft Office and Paintshop Pro (the graphics program I use) because we had the CDs and the genuine certificate code.

The only thing I don't like about my netbook is the working space.  I have to set my screen size smaller otherwise the proportions make everything wider - like it does when your TV is set for a CD wide screen movie you just watched and then remains that way.  My husband doesn't mind the distortion, but I always set it to smaller which makes the print on the desktop smaller.  It might just be me who doesn't have this totally under control smile 

The drawback of working on my netbook over my large computer at home is the plug-in time. I often run out of battery use when I'm out and about and then have to find an electrical outlet.  (Hard to do on the pier!)

But I DO love it.  It's light and easy, yet the screen is big enough to work on well.  Of course, mine has a keyboard, so I don't have to do the touch-screen thing. 

We plan to travel soon and I look forward to taking it with us.  We use the verizon wi-fi hot spot device, so we don't have to stop into every Starbucks or McDonalds we find along the way. 

If I think of more, I'll ad it.