jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

New Here

1. JulianThomas23 profile image61
    JulianThomas23posted 2 years ago

Hello,

I'm new here, and I was wondering what is going on. I made a hubpage, and I added an amazon affiliate link to the top and bottom of my hubpage. I went to the page today and when I hover my mouse over the link it has hubpages amazon affiliate ID and not mine. What gives?

1. tsmog profile image87
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not sure. If you click the link it goes to an Amazon product on Amazon. Are you signed up with Amazon as an associate there?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you are using your own Amazon ID, and if everything is set up correctly, your ID will show up 60% of the time, and HubPages ID will show up 40% of the time.

If you are using the new Amazon affiliate program that is through HP, their ID will show up 100% of the time.

Edit: The above was about using Amazon capsules.  I see what I assume to be your ID, hubpages-vig.

2. WriterJanis profile image81
    WriterJanisposted 2 years ago

I don't know what's going on with your Amazon, but did want to say hello and welcome you.

3. Thelma Alberts profile image81
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

I have no idea. Welcome to HP!

4. skear profile image90
    skearposted 2 years ago

Assuming that "hubpages-vig-20" isn't your affiliate link then it seems that maybe Hubpages is now rewriting direct affiliate links and replacing them with their own.

The "vig-20" portion of the ID sounds like Viglink (https://www.viglink.com).

Just a theory.

5. JulianThomas23 profile image61
    JulianThomas23posted 2 years ago

Thank you to those who welcomed me -- I'm glad to be here!

As for the hubpages-vig-20 or whatever it is, that is not the ID I used for that page. Mine is definitely different.

@skear , yes, it appears that they are rewriting the affiliate link and adding their own. I don't think I can actually check to see if the ID I used is showing up some of the time. I'm going to check my amazon account now, and if there are some clicks from my ID, maybe it is showing up some of the time.

Ideas anyone? Thanks.

1. JulianThomas23 profile image61
      JulianThomas23posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, so I checked my Amazon and there are no clicks. The hub has already received like 40 visits, so I can't imagine my affiliate ID didn't get even on click out of all of those visits. Isn't there an staff member here who can tell me what's going on? All I can figure out is the option under 'earnings' that is, I believe, for the amazon capsules/modules. Hmm...

working