Using a Table of Contents Links Capsule

1. TFScientist profile image92
    TFScientistposted 2 years ago

I've just drafted a long (>1400 words) hub with all the trimmings: tables, two videos, three photos, a poll and a quiz.

The result is quite a lot of scrolling.

What are the pros and cons of using a table of contents capsule?

I know that HP recommends that links are integrated into text and that lots of hyperlinks grouped together is bad. Im also worried how the great-and-all-powerful Google would view so many links grouped together in the second capsule of my hub

Is the easier navigation trumped by the risks, or should I just leave it out and let readers scroll through after writing a paragraph saying what the hub will cover?

Thanks in advance!

2. Nadine May profile image92
    Nadine Mayposted 2 years ago

Thanks for asking that question Rhys. Ive created a table of content for a few of my hubs, but it takes a fair amount of work and I still can't see if that made any difference in views or hits and there was never a comment on the fact that these hubs had a table of content..

3. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

TF Scientist,
    I used a 'Table of Contents' in one of my Hubs in case anyone wanted to go directly to a certain section. If you would like, you may check it at:
    It may help you decide whether you want to enter one into yours. I received positive comments but I do not know whether they were on the entire Hub or not.