jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

How do you check if a link to your Hub from the Search Engine works?

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

This is about one of my Hubs from a different account than I'm using for this thread. It is an Editor's Choice Hub and there was concern expressed in previous forum threads about whether 301 redirects were working properly, so this is why I'm concerned. The Hub does not show up in the search engine for keywords but it does if the title and "Hubpages" is searched on Google. I'm pretty sure it should be showing up in the search engine just from the keywords, somewhere, though. I checked Google Analytics and it only shows an Average Time on Page at 10 seconds for that Hub. This makes me think people are unable to get to the Hub. I wasn't sure if it is against the rules to check whether the link to the Hub from the search engine is working properly, since we do get money from views. I'm not tech savvy so I don't know the rule on that kind of thing. So, I'm wondering if there is an accurate and kosher way to check whether the link to the Hub from the search engine is working and I'm wanting to know why the Hub isn't  coming up when the keywords are searched.

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image93
      RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

When the hubbers name comes off the URL for Editor's choice, Google Analytics doesn't show the title with your name on the URL list,  but does show you as owner.

As for finding your hub, no matter if Google crawls the hub, it never hurts to submit each hub to

Within 2 hours you will see arrows on your HP stat page showing they are crawling it.  I notice on awordlover's account that her views go up within 24 hours of submitting.

Keep an eye on that part too. I screenshot the stat page every week and when I see the stats at a standstill for certain hubs, then I know to go looking to see if they have been copied because HP's copied content tool doesn't always catch them.

Your Webmaster tools page will tell you that they have indexed your site into their search results.  Put each hub in as well as your profile page. You care allowed up to 500 URL's to submit.

Good luck.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the very well-detailed response and all the info. If I'm understanding correctly, Analytics won't show stats for that Hub. I had forgotten about that, I think I read about that in one of the official posts here at HP, about the Editor's Choice Hubs; since they're no longer on the subdomain, they aren't in Analytics; at least, this is what I'm understanding. In a way that's good news because it could mean the average visitors' time on that Hub is not so abysmal as I'd thought from reading the GA stats on it.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image86
        csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank much for your comment. Now I know what to do with hubs that are not getting the views. -