jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Cannot Create a Title!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

I am trying to do a movie review hub today, and every single variation and flip-flop of words I can think of comes up "that URL is already taken.  Please select another." !!!

WTH???  After seeing that, I searched for all of them, and none but one comes up as an existing hub!!

The rest are totally different, some are even misspelled! 

It would be pretty stupid to create a movie review without using the movie's title, but for some reason, I am unable to proceed at all with the title included.  Is this a glitch?? 

Workaround  suggestions appreciated!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

If it is stupid to use the movie's title ( I do not see why). Then what about using keywords from the movie's main content? Such as instead of 'The Hulk Saves...', you could try 'The Big Green Man with Muscles Saves...' or something similar.

DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I said it would be stupid to review a movie without using the title......  ;-)

Sorry, I misread it. Then what about starting with something like "Have you seen (title)", "Have you viewed (title)", or  "How I saw/see (title)"?

Yeah--that was one of the first things I tried, and it still said "taken," even though a search for that came up zilch.  All I could figure was that it was just zeroing in on the title of the movie, and ignoring the rest. 

However, I have since been able to get the title following the suggestion to add "Reviewed by...."   wink

Congrats!

2. The Zen Mistress profile image80
        The Zen Mistressposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My next article is go to be called "The Big Green Man with Muscles"! Actually, I'm gonna write a series of stories about a character with that name and will see how long it will take until Marvel decides to sue me! wink

LOL  That's funny.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image92
      RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Use title and then a dash then add
      As Reviewed by DzyMsLizzy

OR
      My review of xxxxx

OR
      Reviewed on date xx/xx/2014

3. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You should be able to change the URL to one that is not in use and proceed with your Hub.
      If you are still having trouble, share the title and URLs that you have tried and I may be able to make a suggestion.

Thanks, Matthew;
          I was finally able to create the title using Rachel's suggestion of adding "Reviewed by..." at the end...

2. sehrm profile image91
    sehrmposted 2 years ago

or just throw some numbers at the end of it (it is just for the url). If there are so many existing similar hubs on that topic already, your hub must be numero uno! I'll look out for it.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!  I'll try one or all of those.  wink

4. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

I might be thinking in a different vein, so excuse me if I don't understand completely. Having said that, my opinion is that the url doesn't matter as much as if you have a business. The fact that the cumbersome hubpages.com is in front of something like www.hubpages.com/crtiqueonFrozen, makes this whole url thing cumbersome to tell people where to go to read your article. Plus search engines are now sooo smart that if you have a google ad on your hub article, it will pick up the key words in your piece.  (The more the better if it doesn't make the writing stilted.) 
    On my own website at godaddy, I can put the description BEHIND the page and that helps in the search engine.  I think our descriptions of our article in hubpages is very important.  If I were reviewing a movie, I would use the names of actors, etc. in my description even though my article might have a different focus.  Like: "Critic Reviews Julie Louis- Dreyfus and James Gandolfini in "Enough Said"     (something like that...)  Of course that might be PERFECT now since Julie Louis-Dreyfus is the "hot" topic of the Rolling Stones magazine this month. Actually, she has the preamble to the Consitution on her back. I'm hoping my fill-in-the-blank Preamble exercise on my website gets lots more hits this week because of her!!!!

If I'm wrong about the signifcance of hubpages url, then I would say a dash would work.(In purchasing a domain name, for example,  I bought hybrid-rv.com because hybridrv.com was taken.  It's not as valuable as one without the dash, but someone int he future might want it some day).

Thanks, but no, that's not at all the angle that is the problem. 

Also, since I noticed you mentioned 'godaddy' I would not ever use them, after having one of my hubs copied by a client of theirs, and they refused to do anything under the DMCA....

5. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

wow - that's a shame!  Didn't know - Misunderstood.  I was in between trying to do work I didn't want to do when I read your post and thus went on and on and on.. (tee hee)

working