jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (22 posts)

An Update On Me: Doco, Book & More.

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I know I don't pop by the forums much anymore, but I'm just dropping by to give an update on my crazy life!

This Sunday (13th April) a radio documentary about my life is airing on national radio in Australia. It'll be accompanied by a newspaper article on the same day.

I'm hoping to have my book published by the end of the year, on the same topic. Currently I'm 36,000 words in and hope it will be completed by the end of May.

Oh and I'm nearly finished my birth doula/postpartum doula/breastfeeding counsellor qualifications.

How's your life going? smile

1. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

WOW.  Your news sounds very exciting WL and full on!

Like you, I don't drop by forums very often either but I'm so glad you shared your news.

My news - I've just launched a new website and I'm trying to build a business to help disadvantaged women in developing countries.  Have a look when you have a moment .... if that ever happens!

It's an http . com site and the name is VillageMadeCrafts.

Good luck WL!

WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Wow what a fantastic idea! I'll have to give it a squiz later and see if I can shareit!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well done!

Thanks smile

3. moonlake profile image89
      moonlakeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You went through so much as a child. How nice that you had such a great father. I'm so glad she didn't put you in the oven. Congratulations on the radio documentary. So glad your life is going so much better.

4. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

When I grow up I want to be just like you! Congrats WryLilt, so proud of you.

5. PegCole17 profile image89
      PegCole17posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are one amazing woman. I read the blurb at the link and wow, I never knew what you had experienced in your young life. Your story will certainly be an inspiration to others who have survived any kind of emotional and physical trauma. So interesting to read about you, Wry.
      Best of luck on the book release and I hope you'll let us know how to get a copy.

6. brakel2 profile image88
      brakel2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your life is so exciting, and I am proud of you. The only news I have is a tornado watch today. Best of luck. and I hope to hear the  story someday. Soon you could be a TV star. Good luck.  Hugs.  Audrey  Good luck counseling.

2. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

This is exciting news.  I wish I could tune in.  A big congratulations and continued success.

Thanks smile there is a podcast available on the site smile

3. healthmunsta profile image97
    healthmunstaposted 2 years ago

Oh, Susannah! I just listened to the entire episode and was choking up with tears the whole way. You are a brave, wonderful human being and I'm proud to know you here on Hubpages. You are a true inspiration, and I can never forget your story! Thank you so much for sharing this!

Sending you loads of love and hugs <3

Thank you. Gave me chills listening to it the first time too!

4. calculus-geometry profile image85
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

What an incredible story, you are very brave. Your father too.  And what you're doing now to help other women shows a lot of spirit. Good luck with all your projects.

5. Purpose Embraced profile image92
    Purpose Embracedposted 2 years ago

Wow! WryLilt, this is great news -  out of your adversity as a child you can soar. Congratulations, and all the best!

6. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

I haven't had a chance to listen to the radio interview, but I bought today's newspaper after seeing your post.

Wow. I wish you every success and happiness. You are remarkable!!!

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well done - that is a pretty incredible story.  I have missed seeing you in the forums - you were always such a help to others including me when I started over a year ago.  Very well done - may you go from strength to strength.

7. Suzanne Day profile image98
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

Hi Wrylilt, had a listen on the radio interview. What a sad story, it must be hard to think about it and hard to forget. I do think your voice sounds pleasant enough to listen to and you ARE a great inspiration to all of us here. Well done on getting it out and I hope it helps ease you as much as can be done under such circumstances.

8. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

Thank you. Unfortunately (or fortunately, who knows?) The Daily Mail has picked it up, along with dozens of misquotations etc. So it's getting a lot of (mixed) attention.

Now to finish the book!

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just saw your story on the UK Daily Mail.  It's incredible and kudos to you for your bravery.  (Also, love that one of the snaps in the Daily Mail has you in your HubPages tshirt).

Yeah, unfortunately they raided my private Facebook account for photos. Not impressed! It was obviously a quick write up based on the doco. For instance they quoted me as saying I remember playing on the ambulance stretcher.

Do they really think I'd be PLAYING on an ambulance stretcher?

2. Melissa A Smith profile image95
      Melissa A Smithposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The Daily Mail people are such skeeves.