jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Size of Images for Hubs

1. ruthwalker profile image79
    ruthwalkerposted 2 years ago

Hi, was just wondering if anyone knows what is the minimum size for an image (in pixels) that you should use for your hub?

I have contacted someone asking to use some of their images and he has asked me to let him know the approximate size I would like, in pixels, width x height.  I've had a look on a stock image site and their minimum image size is 16.9 x 11.3cm at 72 dpi.  I understand 72 dpi is sufficient resolution for online use but have no idea what size the image should be in pixels. Would be aiming to go for the smallest size I can get which will still be good enough resolution, and size, for the hub, but have no idea what size to ask for, just wondering if anyone else knows about this kind of thing?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We state Your images will look the best if you upload original photos in their highest resolution, and that are preferably 1000 pixels wide or wider in the FAQ. http://hubpages.com/faq/#imagerequirements

2. Colleen Swan profile image95
      Colleen Swanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I load up the highest res and this has always worked. My own pics are generally over 100kb. I always check the mobile view in edit because this gives the full width comparison. I have also noticed that in mobile there is a caption in the bottom left hand corner of each photo that says how many photos in the page collage. Hence, when using my own photos I try to edit them so that there is not any important text or image that needs to be visible in that area.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

You cannot change the size after it is in the Hub anymore. They have removed that option. The only option is to change the size on your own before you enter.
    If you are wondering what is too large to enter: When a photo/image gets into MB HP usually does not accept it.

1. ruthwalker profile image79
      ruthwalkerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ok guys, thanks smile