jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Amazon capsules missing?: Disable ad blocking software

1. Melinda Longoria profile image89
    Melinda Longoriaposted 2 years ago

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can't see any of my amazon capsules. Is there a reason for this? Hubpages glitch or did I do something?

1. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Melinda, I just checked my latest hub and the Amazon ads I brought in are still there. Is your hub still in the approval stages, perhaps?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Many times this issue is a result of ad blocking software.
      Try disabling all browser plugins, extensions, and toolbars including any ad-blocker software.
      Here are some general browser trouble shooting steps as well.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

3. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A not always answer for occasions of this happening I discovered is what is advertised itself not longer is available. I use to choose specific items of niche products that simply sold out and then a blank appears basically. Also that occurred when I choose a particular eBay store and product and it sold out. Different circumstances than the one you described, but may offer consideration.

2. Melinda Longoria profile image89

No, it's a featured hub. I can't see any amazon capsules for any hubpage user, only eBay. Why would this be?

I have no clue. Have you tried looking at my The Gifts of Faith - chapter 10? That's what I checked before answering you and they were there.

3. Melinda Longoria profile image89

OMG, I am sorry for the alarm. I am using my husband's computer this evening while my daughter takes a nap upstairs. I just figured out what this is. My husband has an ABP ad blocker on. It must be something new that he installed. I had no idea that this could prevent me from seeing Amazon capsules. I thought ad blockers were for pop-ups only. I have turned it off, reloaded the page, and they reappeared. Lost my sanity for a second.1

4. Melinda Longoria profile image89

Thank you bravewarrior for responding to my plea for help. You are always available when I have had questions and so helpful. ;-)

No problem, Melinda. I'm glad Matthew was so quick on the draw so we know what to do if this happens again.

5. Melinda Longoria profile image89

Thank you Matthew Meyer. I got it back to working. Feeling a little embarrassed. ;-)

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Glad you are up and running.
      I added an entry to the FAQ so it is easier for other people to diagnose the same issue going forward.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#product-capsule-missing

6. Greekgeek profile image96
    Greekgeekposted 2 years ago

Of course, it really doesn't matter whether our own browsers are blocking Amazon ads from showing. We, the authors, are not the desired audience for those ads.

What we care about is whether those ads are visible to our readers and visitors.

But that's their choice to make, not ours. We just have to hope that most of them choose to allow our ads to display.

working