jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Anyone using advertising to promote their Hubs? Adense, Facebook, etc?

1. Jacob J Morris profile image95
    Jacob J Morrisposted 2 years ago

Just curious, anyone here using PPC advertising to promote their Hubs? Like Adsense, Facebook Ads, etc? If so, what's been your success?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't recommend using paid advertising to promote Hubs.   A blog, yes, but not Hubs.

The reason is that the return on investment isn't likely to be there.

When you advertise a blog, the reader arrives at your blog and if you've written a good post, is likely to stay and browse around.  For the price of one ad, you get visits to several pages, you may gain a new subscriber and you're more likely to make a sale.

When you advertise a Hub, the reader arrives at your Hub and even if you've written a fantastic Hub, the reader is unlikely to stay within your sub-domain for long - there are so many other Hubs displayed more prominently than yours, on every Hub.  So for the price of one ad, you get one visit.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. You're buying traffic for Hubpages, not for yourself.

2. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As Marisa said you won't get a good ROI, it MIGHT be worth it for your own blog/website if you have links to your Hubs.  You need tens or hundreds of thousands of views to make any decent money here, even paying $0.01 per click with adwords won't make it worth it.  Just keep writing search friendly, popular Hubs and the traffic will come.  I have been here for almost and only just seeing decent traffic.

2. electronician profile image92
    electronicianposted 2 years ago

Given that most revenue comes from PPC ads I think its very unlikely this could ever be cost effective. Even if every single person who clicked to visit your page from an ad then clicked an ad on your page, you would still probably be making a loss.

Perhaps if you had a page with affiliate links which converted miraculously well it may be possible in theory, but even still I don't think it would ever be worth it.

3. calculus-geometry profile image87
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

I've used free Google Adwords vouchers to advertise my own websites.  The traffic when up while the campaign was in effect, but dropped back down to normal levels afterward, but that's only my experience.

If you check your Google Webmaster tools or Adsense account, you might have a message saying they gave you a $100 or $75 Adwords credit. Worth a shot if it's free.

The only thing I wonder about is advertising for a site you don't own, even if it's just the subdomain you control.