jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Is there a Url change?

1. Good Guy profile image91
    Good Guyposted 2 years ago

I don't how to put it in correct technical term, but this is what I am trying convey.  I notice that some of my hubs' urls start with my name, while others simply start with hubpages.com.  I think previously all my hubs' urls were changed to "my name.hubpages...." when they were "featured" .  By the way all my hubs are still "featured". 

Any experts here have any comment on this?  Could this Url "mix up" be the cause of my traffic decline?

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image92
      RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

if you have hubs that have been chosen for editor's choice or other accolade, your name comes off the url and it goes to HP's feed. Your still own the hub, get the revenue and views, and it stays featured on your account. Your name comes off whenever the hub is showcased elsewhere on this site.

If you do not have Editor's choice hubs, then I have no idea why your name would come off the URL.

1. Good Guy profile image91
        Good Guyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Rachael, I checked and you are right.  You know, with the recent traffic plunge, I have been seeking likely answers and blaming any possible cause for it.  LOL!!

So the cause of the traffic plunge still remains a mystery.

Don't feel too badly. There seems to be alot of strange stuff happening to many hubbers as I read the posts. 

Take views, for example, My views on Friday at 1PM were at 145 and when I signed on Saturday night at 9PM, the views for the previous 24 hours period (Friday) had dropped by 22 down to 123 views and that changed the 7 day number as well. 

So now I am wondering, were those 22 people not viewers in the first place? I don't get that part. Did they decide to unread/unview?  LOL.  How do I lose views on the previous 24 hours if they were already counted as views?  sad

1. tsmog profile image85
            tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Rachael do you check the the time element at the upper right of the statistics page. It will share with you how many hours back the last update was. I notice those same things you suggested with views not changing at all then I look at that time element and an explanation is offered. It was not updated for eleven or more hours.

tsmog, thank you for your response. Yes I always check the time updates, which is how I keep track.   I just don't get how the overall number can go down 22 views on a hub that was just pubbed 3 days ago on 4/18
              Esp when it has 16 more comments than it had on Friday.

1. LongTimeMother profile image96
                LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The 7 days and 30 days stats can drop, but the 'ever' stats should increase if you've had more hits.

2. Nabil Ansari profile image59
            Nabil Ansariposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you should check your Google Analytics account if you had set it up.

2. LongTimeMother profile image96
          LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had multiple hubs that were made EC, my stats dropped. I waited for months and their stats didn't recover so I turned off the EC option. In my case, my traffic returned. I don't want to put a downer on the concept of EC, but if you seriously believe it is having a negative effect after a few months, I suggest you bravely try letting go of the EC awards.

1. vocalcoach profile image93
            vocalcoachposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had no idea that EC hubs could have this effect on traffic.  Good to know.

2. Good Guy profile image91
            Good Guyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

LongTimeMother,

After opting out of EC, can I opt in again later if I decided to?

2. Nabil Ansari profile image59
    Nabil Ansariposted 2 years ago

hubpages provides you with a sub-domain, that is, a URL like"yourname.hubpages.com" and whenever you publish a hub, it goes under that URL. That is "yourname.hubpages.com/your-new-hub". I know that you are a very old member, but I also think that earlier hubpages didn't used to provide sub-domains like today.

working