jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What websites do you get pictures for your hubs from?

1. danicole profile image82
    danicoleposted 2 years ago

Pixabay, Wikimedia Commons, etc.

Are they free-use?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wikimedia Commons is free use BUT most photos have to be credited in some way.  You have to read the licence on each individual photo because they're all different.  Also make sure that if an original site is quoted, you go to that original site and make sure the image really is free to use - sometimes people upload photos to Wikimedia that they're not entitled to.

Flickr is a good site to use, but again you have to be careful - do an Advanced Search and tick "for commercial use", and then make sure to credit the photographer with a hyperlink. I wrote a Hub about using Flickr images, which also explains about licences. You'll find it on the slider in my profile.

2. lbsf1 profile image86
    lbsf1posted 2 years ago

I use the creative commons search for flickr, I would link you to it but I am on my phone

danicoleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ok cool thank you!!!

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Federal .gov sites make public domain image donations to me all the time.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

The Learning Center has a lot of great information about writing hubs. I recommend this one for Learning Center,

It tells you where to find legal images, and also how to attribute them.

5. calculus-geometry profile image84
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

I use Pixabay mostly since they're public domain.  Another PD site is http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/ It doesn't have as big a selection as Pixabay though.

6. danicole profile image82
    danicoleposted 2 years ago

7. susi10 profile image93
    susi10posted 2 years ago

I get my images from Wikimedia Commons, freedigitalphotos.org, MorgueFile, Flickr and Pixabay. I also downloaded free images from HubSpot which have a business theme (offices, emplyees working together) and they are free. I wrote a full hub about where to find images. Good luck on your search. smile

danicoleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ok cool thank you!