jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

The traffic man on the radio station which I listen too is always...

1. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

...trying to add humor to his reports. Well I heard one a couple of days ago I heard one that is sticking with me. Now I know that the incident was not funny but the way that he said it was, at least it was to me,
         "A TRUCK HIT A TRAIN. THE TRAIN HIT BACK. THE TRUCK FELL OVER."

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think a little bit of humor is okay as long as no one got hurt. It would be very tacky if there were serious injuries or someone was killed and the announcer said something like that.

The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

He always mentions that and he only used the one line. So to the best of my knowledge there was nobody.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It struck me funny at first, too. Hope no on was hurt, though.

I hope not either. I did not think of that until later. It was not mentioned whether anyone else was involved but I imagine that he would have mentioned it and the injured. We usually hear about the injured right away though.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 2 years ago

I wonder about news people these days.  The weather people talk about the weather all sad on a day when the weather is awesome and on crummy days they are all cheery.  Gotta wonder.

I can understand the crummy days, they are probably trying to cheer either the people - or themselves - up. Maybe on the better days the are sad because they cannot be out in it themselves?

working